******* Ice

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamahammerrider

Reaction score
ok heres what happend yesterday i was riding back in my truck (82' chevy witha 350) from my regional wrestling tourny, which didnt turn out good, I was droping a fellow teammate off and was following my mom for some odd reason home (now im glad i was). well she turns to go down this hill and im following thinking "man i hope i dont get cought on ice or anything". and right at that moment my truck got cought on a patch of black ice, now i dont know how many of u have driven home in a old front heavy 2-wheel drive truck when it was snowing lika bitch when u can barely see, but i can tell u now that it sucks really big nuts. so i hit this bigass patch of ice while im goin down this ******* hill and my truck slides sideways into this ******* deepass ditch. i was actually preaty lucky because there was a wall of dirt on this ditch that my truck slide on about 5 or so feet rather than there being nothin and my truck flippin over or some other b/s that usually happens to me. so my truck is at about a 45 degrea slant on its side and i almost have no gas so it cuts off. well at this point i laughed a little and then my truck wouldnt start so i got kinda pissed. well i ended up riding home with mom and today at the other half of my tourny, yes my poor truck stayed in the ditch fora day, after the tourny a teamates mom said she would come over in a while with their 4-wheel drive explorer and pull my truck out. well i didnt think she would actually do it then so i forgot about it. im over in the kitchen with my mom getting some ice cream mmmmmmmmmm. but as soon as i pull it out somone knocks on the door. to my surprise it was her and she had come to pull me out, by this time there was only snow the salt trucks had came, so we went and pulled it out, i borrowed a chain from my friend with the rm125.i started it up and was letting it warm up will we unhooked the chain just then a car pulls up i pulled to the side of the road so they could get through. to my surprise it was a freakin cop,let me tell u a suv and a old truck kinda look wierd on a hill at night hooked up from the back-bumbers with a chain. so he stoped by the explorer, thank god cuz i was about to freak out because i dont have any insurance and he woulda ticketed my ass and impounded my truck if heda known. so they tell him what was goin on while im tryin to get my truck runnin by gassin it, now my truck is kinda loud so i was trying to get by with as little gas as i could without it stallin. to my surprise agin he gets in his car turns his "cop lights" off and leaves well i go back to my friends with the rm's house to give him his chain back. i say my thank you's to him and the people that pulled me out and after i watched some tv at his house (i dont have cable) i go to leave and come here to my house. well i wanted to see exactly how much damage had been done to my truck from all of this my truck had no damage what so ever i think it is awsome i got away so lucky like that. but i am sad my truck had to sit there like that. so thats my story and im going atving with my friends tomorow so i might have another story to tell tomorow (hope not though).

that's a lot of words just to say "my truck got stuck and we pulled it out the next day". And driving without insurance? What would your mother say?

I think I know how you feel:

I had driven a '76 full size Ranger to work one day (my 4x4 was in the shop) the year after I got out of high school. It was a cold morning then it started to rain and as it did it froze. Within an hour icicles formed about 6" long. The place I worked shut down and as I was coming home, I got to a small junction where cars were stopped. I was only going around 15 or 20 mph and when I tapped the brakes, the truck done a complete 360! It would have been scary, but I was going so slow that I waved at the old man behind me...lol..who was cracking up himself. As I got closer to the county line, I started seeing more and more cars in the ditches. Well, it turns out that the county I live in had absolutely no ice, so the people coming out of it and into the county that I worked in were traveling around 55 and upon entering the first curve they would tap their brakes and hit the ditch. I watched as several of them would start fish-tailing and then slam against the bank among the half dozen or so that were already there! NONE OF THEM HIT ANOTHER CAR! The lucky dog of the day was the tow truck driver who was pulling them out one at a time and letting them go, then hooking up to another one!

lol my mom kinda freaked tho it was funny. AND I HAD TO TELL THE STORY. sayin my truck got stuck and we pulled it out wouldnt even be worth posting u have to tell the story.

Back