A whole weekend shot to hell...

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My buddy and I found 100 acres we can ride on (and shoot guns). We loaded up 3 quads, 2 guns, 20 lbs of meat, 1000 rounds of .22 and 100 rounds of .30-30 ammo, and 6 cases of beer and drove for two hours. We ride for about 4 hours Saturday morning before my warrior starts ticking...loudly.

My buddy's blaster gets stuck in a mud hole and I'm going to the 'base camp' to get a rope, kill it, and when I try to restart, there's no compression (just a gigantic flame going out the exaust). We get the blaster out with a little TRX125 (it's a stump puller) and get back to camp.

I pull the head, and find a broken intake valve spring :( Had to ride an old-school 3-wheeler the rest of the weekend. The tires were so big, it felt like a big comfy couch...and all we killed was empty beer cans (they'll never mess with us again!)

Is anyone using the titanium springs? Do they make a big difference and where did you get them, and how much?

g

Hmmm... This is an unusual problem Id have to say I’ve never seen this one on Warriors (could be just cause its old). If you are going to go ahead and replace the springs go and get a cam for 120$ while you are at it; you won’t regret it! I wouldn’t spend to much on Titanium springs since the actual tensile strength of titanium and hardened steel is relatively the same (titanium is lighter and more "brittle"). You would be just fine with some aftermarket steel springs from Webcams or Powroll.

A high lift cam could definitely cause more wear on the springs. It causes the springs to compress more, which means more stress and a shorter life.

Back