Warriors & EXs Float!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeathShadow

Reaction score
Well with all the rain we have been getting in the North East the flooding is pretty bad and there is water every where we ride. So today we went out for our first ride in a while and were going down a trail we normally go through (it’s a dried up bog/swamp area) and the water is about 3" deep no big deal right? Wrong! The water all of a sudden gets about 3-4 FEET deep and I find myself FLOATING ALONG!!! lol. I could not believe it! My friend and I were actually floating in this water with the tires paddling us along it was awesome! We got off with the water rushing in our boots and soaking us up above our waist line and jut spun the quads around. The water made the task of turning the machines around so easy; our 400 pound machines felt like they weighed 20! So all and all it was a great day but I hope all this **** dries out before winter hits :(. This time of year (fall) is my favorite time to ride and I don’t feel like missing it.

Come down here to good ol Kentucky. It hasn't rained in my area yet this month...

yea i went the other weekend and everythin was sooo flooded!! my trials were all washed out and there was pondwater covering parts like 2 feet deep in the shallow spots haha

be care full of that rushing water...last winter well late winter early spring when all the snow melted i went to cross a crick thinking i would make it across then then my quad floated to the top of the water and stalled then it fliped over went floating down the crick upside down and sat at the bottom of 2 deep holes about 6 feet deep so that all i could see was the bottom of the right rear tire.. mean while ill floating down trying to stay above the water but i couldnt cuz i was wearing a sweat shirt and my carhartt ... which when all soaked weight about 40lbs no joke.. and i had my helment on... well luckly i grab ahold of a brach from a tree root and pulled my slef outta the water... all in all it gave me some nasty stress marks in the plastic and a hole for where one of my mounts bolts to the plastic..... i was very lucky i didnt drown.... so be very carefully with all this rain and streams.... running water is very deciving... so ride safe and causally around water... i hope i dont hear something like i did from n/e one else

and six oils changes, stress marks, and hole in my plastic and $140 throttle housing thing that mounts to ur quad later... i learned the hard way.. you could say

That sux bro... i really dont cross brook in the winter jsut casue snowmelt can make them a hell of a lot deeper than they actually are like in your case

yeah it was very stupid on my behalf to even think about it.. but oh well you live and then you learn

I've heard they float...upside down! They had a pic in Dirtwheels of a quad floating upside down in a pool.

hahahahahahah my ridin buddy rides a blaster, and it fell into a lake twice, he has rebuilt it 2 now, he scuba dives, so he dives down in winter, ties it up , goes to the top and hooks it to his truck, and this was in a huge boat channel, were talkin like 15 feet deep lol

Back