Distal Fracture...$1100 Hospital Bill

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blu04350

Reaction score
haha yea right...not fractured..but yes big hospital bill fora damn splint and tetnis shot.

Ok i was out a couple weeks ago dialing in the cannondale...making sure everything was back together right and whatnot....We live ona 100 acre farm and live along US Route 62 in Southern Ohio....Theres one field that we always ride in where we race the cars and the badass's that think they can out run us in that short distance and stuff...well i was juss mozy'n along mindin my own business...when i decided i was gonna hammer on it and get my butt back to the garage cause i noticed that something didnt smell right...possibly a wire touched something it didnt or something...well i was in about 3rd gear and layed into it....well in the process of laying into it...my ass plain out got dumped off...I lost my grip on the handlebar on the clutch side...and when i did that i end up pullin back with my right and pushin the throttle even farther...and if any of u know...cannondales that dyno 47hp run like banshees...snap! and on comes the power...well snap went my ass when i fell off the left rear side and hit the tire...the tire launched me up in the air...luckily id idnt panic and i paid attention as fast as i could and shoved myself away from the quad....but in the process of shoving away.....i ended up landing with all of my weight on my right wrist....didnt feel anything at the time...but when i finally got back up and managed to get back to the quad ( Thank god for Tethers and Kill Switchs )...i noticed that the pain was growing stronger...so i managed to get it started and get back to the house....told mom i was goin to the ER cause it felt and looked liek it was broke...so i goto the local hospital. ( Brown County General Hospital )...and sat and waited in the ER room for 5 hours.. ( now this is at 7 oclock in the evening )..and they didnt get to me til freakin Midnight!!....they did take X-rays however inbetween...but the dumbass doc they had working didnt know **** about anything...told me it was a distal fractured and it had pretty much shoved the two bones where they come together at...well shoved them together....so they gave me a splint...and told me i would hav eto get it casted ina day or so after the swelling went down...well i disobeyed that order and said **** the damn doctor...and now today im finally...wearing a wrist brace and gaining the use back even more day by day....all it was....was a really bad stubb....

so theres my sad and whimpy story...now to everyone...Invest in one of them Pro Design Kill Switchs...their life savers!...

Damn that sucks man. Sounds like a horrible experience. But yeah good thing you had the kill switch.

Back