Damn Lucky

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigkahuna

Reaction score
OK, heres my story. The house we lived in only had a two car garage so we kept my warrior and banshee at grandmas house. Every other day, the kids in the neighborhood would come over and ask "John, do you have the banshee here?", "How fast will the banshee go?", "Can you ride a wheelie on the banshee?".

Well one day I brought the banshee home to clean it up and get it ready for a weekend ride. Naturally. all the neighborhood kid are over, drooling at it. So I did the thing that I think eveyone here would do. Yea, show off a little bit. (I Know (now) This has BIG MISTAKE written all over it) No Helmet, No Gloves. Riding on asphalt, everything I tell my kids not to do. The street I lived on had a slow winding arc to it. So I pulled out onto the street in our neighborhood and boogied down to the corner winding it up. Once I turned around I was going to buzz by the house and open it up. My 91' banshee came stock with these really cool, low profile, almost slick tires. As I started to wind it up and TRY to navigate around this slow arc, I probably was going 35-40mph, my back tires would not break loose on the asphalt, and as much as I tried to turn right, the bike was catipulting me in a straight path. LUCKLILY, our neighborhood had those rolling curbs, so up over the curb, right between a parked car and a 2' round tree trunk! I swear there wasn't 4' between the two. I thought for sure I was going to hit the parked car. As I passed the the tree, my left rear tire clipped the tree, bent the axle, flipped the quad, and threw me off. Luckily I only had some cuts on my hands. It could of been a lot worse. All this with a audience! What a dumb ass I am. What was I (not) thinking?

In retrospect, I just thankful to be here today!

haha o man i right in front of the neighborhood kids thats gotta suck i would be soo embarressed but i least u made it out alive!! ;D

The annoying caution labels on there say to NOT ride on public roadways!!! I've only seen people get in accidents when they break four of the rules: drinking, no protective gear, double passenger, and on roadways. I must say this is a first!!! :eek:

Latest posts

Back