Superman on his Warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miamiwarrior

Reaction score
What can I say it was a great day for riding. My buddy and I jumped on our quads (he has an EX400) and spent a good portion of the day enjoying the trails. On our way back we decided to explore a new area of the rock quary we came across. As I neared the intersection I started to pick up some speed and was happily enjoying sliding my rear end on those stock ballon tires the Warrior comes with. Suddenly that joyfull slide encountered some nasty grip and the quad bucked and fliped sideways. Next thing I know I'm airborne (like superman, literaly) for a good 10-15 feet landing hard on my stomach, and slamming my knee and chin on the floor. Not only did I land hard, but I screeched to a halt a few more feet afterwards. My buddy came over and helped me get back up. He was holding back a smile that tuned into a terrible laugh he let out once he helped me up.
I managed to get some nasty roadburns on my forearm, (with some encrusted rocks in my skin,) and my knee cap felt like someone hit it with a sledgehammer. Needless to say it swelled up nicely. I problably would have busted my chin and face had it not been for my helmet.
My quad suffered minor damage, mostly cosmetic (scratched and tore up the plastic some nasty) a bent handlebar, and steering stem.
I jumped back on my quad and rode like grandma all the way back home. Luckily my knee and forearm did not require a trip to the doc. I can tell you though that afternoon I saw the stars when I started scrubbing the raw skin on my forearm with soap and water.
So the moral of this story, dont slide your back end on gravel like a jackass while hauling ass on stock tires. O yeah and get some knee/chin protection, after that spill I did.

Get some 20"h x 11"w tires and you'll be doing top speed over it all without a prob :eek:

i had plenty of over the handle bar moments my self just none bad enough to break anything.. THANK GOD. Non the less there scary as hell when it happens

Latest posts

Back