The Collarbone Incident

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

velociraptor350

Reaction score
It was a beautiful night in december, the ground was just starting to freeze due to the unusually warm weather Nj had this winter. I was having one of those day where you can ride that much harder, that much faster, idk if its due to adrenelin, alingnment of the planets, etc. It was already past sundown, the only lights coming from my mud covered headlights, I was in 5th gear. I went through this tight trail lined with trees and came around the corner where it ended fast, too fast. Whoops, not your every day ordinary whoops, these were monsters, by the time i saw them it was to late, i made it over the first one, got unsettled on the bike, the second one did me in. The bike dived into the next one, throwing me over the bars, i landed into the one after that hard, only to have the bumper of my bike smash my head into the ground, the tire bouncing off my my ribs. The bike kept flipping foward, and laned on its wheels. It made it out ok, the bars bent a little, it basically bounced off something soft, Me. I jumped right up due to the embarassement, but fell back down, i was pretty messed up but the adrenelin kept the pain at bay. 20 minutes later that was a different story, my shoulder had swollen up to the size of a watermelon, and my trip to the ER room was booked, problem was where i crashed was about 2 miles from where my truck was parked, so i got a very long, bumpy ride on the back of a banshee while my other friend drove my rappy.

My helmet was crushed due to the impact of the bike directly to my head, but i was fine, the extra weight that hit me broke my collarbone and i made it out lucky, at the speed i had bailed i should have been alot more fucked up then i was.

Well 5 weeks later i was back on my horse and riding just as hard again, i guess ill never learn : :p

yeah that ride back must have sucked huge balls ecpesially on the back of a banshee its hard to go slow on those cause of the 2 stroke powerband.... ouch :-[

Glad to here you are ok. It's also good to hear another person had there life saved from a helmet, now if everyone would just wear one all the time. ::)

i have a KBC X5 acid zombie helmet that i never wear :-[ i just like to look at it....

well i take that back iv wore it in a few races ;D

IMG_0137.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

IMG_0141.jpg

Thats mine, '05 Thor SVR Distortion

make the red stripes orange an ill buy it!, around $3 should work right? ;D

for the orange stripes, not the whole helmet ::)

Back