Rolling into streams sucks!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeathShadow

Reaction score
Over here in New York we ride on the Interstate 84 embankments which are at an 80 degree angle incline and go down a few hundred feet to the trails & woods below. So riding one cold night along side the highway on this incline in the snow with my friend (he was in front but farther down towards the bottom) at about 45 - 50 MPH I had run over this portion of ice and snow that was covering a drainage hole. The right side of the quad fell into this hole and the rest being up hill followed & rolled over. The quad and I rolled down this 300 foot 80 degree embankment below into a moving stream covered lightly with ice that I broke through on impact. I had landed face down in the stream with the quad upside down on my lower half from the waste down. So here I am face down in this stream that is like 20*F/air in the single digits with a 400LB machine on my back. Now if any of you have tried to lift a quad off of you when you are face down its REAL freaking hard; I couldn’t do it. So with one hand I held onto the grab bar to keep my head above the water as my friend still rides away un-aware that I have taken a plunge. About 3 minutes later (felt damn longer then that) he must of noticed (we periodically in short sporadic intervals look back to check on each other) that I was gone and come back. He found me tipped the bitch off me and we road home. When I got home my clothes had frozen to my skin and I actually thawed them off me in a warm shower lol.

Moral: If you are in front of someone always look back occasionally to check on another & never ride alone.

Back