the FNG

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emagnuson

Reaction score
Hello all,

I just joined up, saw a post pointing this way from thumpertalk.com. I just purchased an 02 Warrior for my wife. Being the do it yourselfer that I am, this board should come in handy for questions, etc. I ride a WR426 and don't have a lot of knowledge about atv specific stuff. I've heard good things about the Warrior. Seems like a pretty bullet proof machine. I'm already tearing the thing apart and improving it. So far, I've rebuilt the Mikuni carb and dynojetted it. The atv already has some aftermarket mods. The air box is opened up and it has a KN filter. Also an Alba pipe that's louder than hell. As I mentioned before I jetted it. I was surprised to have the mods I have and see a stock jet and needle in the carb. I'm looking at improving the suspension soon. It currently seems a little soft.

Anyway, that's all for now, look forward to gaining some knowledge from the more experienced ATV owners out there.

Thanks for having this forum!

Erick

Here's the machine as of now:

DSC01736.JPG

Here it is a few days after I purchased it on a trip we did to Gorman:

800DSC01563.jpg

Clean looking Warrior. She will have some fun with it. It is cool that she will ride a manual clutch. I would be lucky to get my gf to ride an automatic.

Yeah, that's my WR426 in the background. It's in pretty good shape. A few plastic abrasions from laying it down, nothing major though.

I'm surprised my wife will ride the manual clutch as well. She even rode a automatic and didn't like it. Granted it may never get past 3rd, I'm not complaining. I can ride the Warrior and not look like a chump, couldn't say that if she chose a low powered smaller atv. She even rode it with a twist throttle initially.

Back