hello and a few questions.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spartan985

Reaction score
hey guys (and gals) i just wanted to say hi and ask a few questions that might be dumb but i have to know. i do not currently own a quad.

1. thinking about getting a new 07 raptor 350 special edition. i have next to nothing riding experiance. i have never owned an ORV of any kind, just messed around on a few quads over the years (i'm 21). is the rappy 350 to much quad for me? i'm also 5'10" and 220

2. i live in the burbs about 30 min south of detroit. there is about a 70-90 acre field behind my house that a few quads and bikes play in... but only a few times a month.. i dont know who owns it. but i have yet to see any cops bust anyone. what are the odds of me having trouble???

3. i cant find a website that will show me where the actual state of MI legal trails are that are close to me. it seems to show nothing below michigans "thumb". Is there a place that i can find this info... something more local?

4. top speed of a stock 07 rappy 350?

5. getting busted on "private land" that i dont own.how must trouble is that for me?

thanks again.

First off, welcome to the site. And your questions aren't dumb, it would be more dumb to go out and buy a machine without doing the proper research first.

The raptor 350 shouldn't be too much for you, it's a great beginner machine and not hard to manage at all as long as you just use a little sense.

Not sure what the odds are of you having trouble riding in that field, but keep in mind that your actions will affect the public's view on off-roaders, and that it's getting hard enough to find good riding spots as it is, without people going out and giving us a bad image. So ask around first and find out what the deal is with that field, and act responsibly. If you do get busted, it depends on your local law enforcement and the land owner, as to how deep of **** you'll be in. You might get left off with just a slap on a wrist, but if they really crack down on you they can get you for trespassing, damaging the property, and all kinds of other stuff, and even impound the quad.

The best place I know of that lists riding areas is www.atvpathfinder.com, it might be worth checking out if you haven't already.

The top speed will be somewhere in the mid 60's, depending on rider weight and all the other variables.

I bought a 350 and it was my first bike too. I wish I would have bought a bigger bike. It may cost a little more but in the long run you save because you dont have to dump a bunch of money into it to make it faster. just my two cents

Latest posts

Back