high rpms cutout 98 warrior help

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kadillacman

Reaction score
I'm new and really need help I just bought a warrior and it runs great except top end it cuts out and if I wait a second with the gas at full throttle it will kick back in it has a e series pipe and a big hole in the air box lid I think it is jetted because it has dyno jet stickers please help

The only thing I could say is check the jets in the carb, sounds like a little fine tuning is needed. You might have to back off a jet size or two.

You also might have to go up a size or two, just play with that high RPM until the cutout is gone.

Could be, make sure the float opens and closes properly. Their really is no adjustment on it, you have to bend it to make any adjustment.

i had this same problem on my 02 ..i brought it to the dealer about 5 time and they couldn't find the problem..one day when i was riding it was doing it so i played around with it and i wiggled the revers lever and it stopped ...i replaced the hole lever and linkage but i think all it needed was at sensor the screws in the lever..hope this helps ...i know how mad this must make you ..cause mine was only a year old at the tme and i was pissed...

oops i forgot... yeah it was an 01 but there all pretty much the same ...

Latest posts

Back