A time for reckoning

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

njraptor

Reaction score
I have owned a 2005 350 since they came out, and I probably only have about 20 or so hours on it. I never really used it too much because I liked riding my MX a lot more, however I am getting older and after a pretty rough crash this weekend I am going to start riding the quad more frequently. I am a complete speed junkie and find the 350's performance and suspension to be lackluster in comparison to MX bikes. I have never drove another quad so I do not know if this is the norm. I love modding things and my ATV will be no different. Would I be better off dropping money into the machine or buy one of the 450 racing machines?

Well depends on how you want to ride your quad, if your going to be trail riding i would say the 350 would be fine. With new tires, some protection and performance mods the 350 is a great trail quad. If you dont think the 350 is fast enough i would sell it and buy a 700 rappy. They are fast and great trail machines, the 450's are fast also but not so much trail machines.

If you're really serious about the mx thing, you'll need a 450 to really be competitive. You can make a 350 work good for mx, but you'll spend twice as much as you could have bought a 450 for, and still not really be up to par with them.

I will probably end up getting a new machine then. I just ordered a pair of nerfs. Can someone recommend me a good tire/wheel combo? I would like the tires/wheels to be a little wider than stock and at least 4 ply because I damaged the stock tires. A wheel and tire combo that can carry over to a YFZ450 would be perfect. I will use this bike mostly for dirt trails and some sand pit action.

Yes if all you plan on doing is racing then you'll need a 450 based machine, but these quads will not tolorate to much trail riding and slow riding will be a nightmare for ya. I'm more then happy with my Warrior and wouldn't trade it for nothing.

Latest posts

Back