Warrior rear shock upgrade????????

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have searched to no end on this topic to no avail. Does anyone know if a YFZ450 rear shock will work on the rear? I know about the 01 Rappy shock, problem is I don't want to buy a 6 year old used shock, and I can't afford a $500 new one. I understand the Banshee rear will work, but what about the 02 and up Raptor shock? I don't see why it won't work, other than some airbox issues. I can modify or make a new airbox! Anybody know about this one?

a yfz shock wont work. the bottom linkage is different. and as for the 02 and up raptor shock, you will have to modify the air box but other than that it will bolt right up

no no no you can't use any other raptor shock on the rear, no matter what, unless you feel like cutting a big chunk out of your swingarm to make it fit. The reservoirs are offset. The problem isn't the airbox at all.

All banshee shocks are the same, and will work if you modify the airbox a little.

YamaRider, in your opinion, is the Banshee shock better than the stock Warrior piece? I think the stock unit is too light duty for me anyway, as I weigh in at @250lbs.

I have an 04 Banshee rear and I love it, I think it's better then the 01 Raptor shock, which I think is valved a little too heavy.

YamaRider, in your opinion, is the Banshee shock better than the stock Warrior piece? I think the stock unit is too light duty for me anyway, as I weigh in at @250lbs.

One of the reasons the banshee and raptor shocks are better than the warrior's is they have an adjustment for the compression rate, as well as the preload and rebound setting, so you can get them dialed in better for your weight. Personally I thought the stock warrior shock was too stiff, but I only weigh 180. The banshee shock is supposed to have a smoother ride, and the raptor shock also does. That's about all I can tell you.

Greetings all, kinda a new here.
I've done the Raptor shock conversion both front and rear. Only "modifying i had to do was grind a bit off of the main linkage to accomodate the steeper angle of the shock. I too am in the 230 lb range and i found the rappy shock is perfect.

Latest posts

Back