New Warrior owner And new member

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skrickett

Reaction score
Hi nice to see a site about warriors. Alittle abit about myself and my quad I live in British Columbia Canada and love to ride. MY warrior has a new maier body and K&n air and jet kit everything else is stock but i would like to get new a-arms and new axel but I also want to lighten it up a bit. I also have a DG exhaust sytem too. I would like to know if its possible to bore out the warrior and what other mods can i do to enhance the motor, handling and widen the quad thanx. P.S I saw on ebay they have a widening kit for under 200 is this advisable?

Welcome to the site. To start out, making the warrior lighter is pretty much a lost cause, most of that extra weight comes from the engine itself, which is about 2 times as heavy as the motor of a 400ex or z400. If you get new a-arms, plan on getting new front shocks too, because that extra leverage on stock shocks is going to make it ride too soft and squishy to get good handling out of it. My front suspension cost me about $700 for Works shocks and Burgard +2 a-arms. I wish I would have got +3 a-arms instead, because even with 1 inch offset wheels it's still not quite as wide as I would like. My rear end is just as wide as the front now, and all I have done is flipped the wheels.

But yes, there are quite a few options for increasing the warrior's displacement. The best bang for your buck is going to either be the Four Stroke Tech 446 kit or HotRods 400. Both are a bore/stroke combo, but the 446 is bigger both ways and requires more machine work and labor to install.

Stay away from the ebay widening kit. To start, the thing just looks like an accident waiting to happen. In addition, you can get a set of extended a-arms starting at around $350 that will be stronger, safer, have replacable ball joints, and increase your suspension travel a few inches. I didn't really expect it, but with my a-arms and shocks I have at least 2 more inches of front wheel travel than I had stock.

There's so many things available for a warrior that it would be overwhelming to post all the options in this thread. Take a look around the Elite, Images, and Quad of the month/pic of the month section and you should be able to get a pretty good idea of what all is out there.

Welcome, yeah it's def. hard to try and lighten it, however, replacing some metal parts like the bumpers, skid plate, the heavy stock lighting assembly, stock handle bars, with aluminum products will lighten it some, also the factory muffler weighs a ton too.

Back