hey wats up im new here

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blasterkid205

Reaction score
this forum was brought up over on project blaster so i thought i would check it out. i have a heavily modded blaster and am hopin to buy my buddies beat up warrior for next to nuthin....i have some plans for it. i would like to get the 446 stroker, cam, valve springs and oil cooler kit from four stroke tech. I also want a wiseco hi comp piston, larger carb,DMC alien pipe, and k&n air filter. the only thing im not cetain of is the carb. i kno warriors have a stock 36mm carb. what siz carb do you think would be good for this set up?i was thinkn the keihin PE/38mm. do u guys think tht would be big enough

welcome to the site. i will go ahead and tell you what everyone else will recommend. edelbrock all the way. no ifs, ands or buts. i dont have one but people will swear by them on warriors. you have any pics of the warrior?

ok thnx....sry i dont have a pic of the warrior right now but i might be able to get one... this carb seem like it would be better for my set up than jst the warrior edel carb.....1999-06 TRX440 DOUG
EICHNER SIGNATURE SERIES
Designed for highly modified race engines (cam, porting, higher compression piston, big bore) with no air box lid and full competition exhaust system.
Bore: 38mm round

It does sound like it would meet the reqs of the motor, except that's for a TRX440, Your going to be looking for something like this:
"1987-04 WARRIOR
The Warrior kit works best with performance exhaust and open air box. Kit includes new manifold that moves carb closer to motor for increased horsepower without sacrificing low end torque.
Bore: 32x36mm oval
Thumb Kit #3011
Twist Kit #3150"
http://www.edelbrock.com/offroad/6-yamaha.shtml

You Want the warrior one. And it sounds like your willing to sink a significant amount of dough into the warrior. If so I'd ask some questions about the big bore kits, and look them up on here. There are a few members of the boards who work in atv/motorcycle shops, and from what I've heard from them, they generally lower the revving speed of the motors drastically, and also can make the warrior Much less reliable.

I'm only saying this stuff so you don't get something then a few months down the road think they are all shitty because the kit didn't work as well as FST makes them sound. There are other viable options that are less destructive on the warriors motor, such as high compression piston/cam combo, with a nitrous kit. With a set up like that you get the power when you want it, and the motor will still lug around since it has the stock bore, and is not as ready and willing to grenade on you.

Again, That is a Lot of work to be done to a warrior, Look at all of the viable options, and make sure you see it all from all sides, then make your decision.
Good Luck, and Welcome to the boards.
~Bill
p.s. a Link to the thread about us would be appreciated, if it's available. thanx

Back