heyy

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well, your on the right site for answers, but before we can answer we need questions.

well i just got one answer from this guy
but another one is
i was rideing and it was like puttering and stuff
andi repalced the boot that goes from the carb too the eng. because it had two holes..
and seemed to help i think..but i only rode it once after replaceing because im waitng for my clutch lever to come in....so ya you think that it could be anything else?

hmm i was kind of reading around on the site, and saw your question posted, I agree with the other person who said check/disconect the switches considering the other one got destroyed (disconnect the white single plug, rap it with electrical tape, and disconnect the second sensor with the two wires running from it and plug them together to close the circuit) rip out the two switches, which cause more problems then they are worth and when you get an aftermarket clutch perch you need to get rid of them anyway. One question tho, is it just sputtering when you go through the rpms slowly, or is it when you really give it gas and it seems like its not getting gas and the engine chokes out?

well..right now its doing it if you give it anygas..
only becasue the lever is apart..
but when im rideing its like a putt i dont know but sucks for raceing my friend cuz you have to pull the clutch in and rev it a lil and it stops..so i think its just a jet clogged

so you were able to ride it tho, just as long as you don't gun it, than it definately sounds like a jet issue, probably your low speed jet, but otherwise I was going to say that when mines cold often (with stock carb) when I lay on the throttle it will just bog down and die, but once its warm I don't have the problem, which is common with the Warriors carb.

yah im going to do stuff this weekend to it..
like put the nutral and reverse light on the right fender..it looks good i saw it on this one on here and also go throught the carb and change oil and hopefully put my clutch lever on..if it ever gets here...dumb fedex lol and ya i dont know what do you guys think else i should do?
i want to take the stickers off..the guy i got it from put them on..alittel overbored..lol but if i do that then theres going to b a $h!t load of sticky stuff on it witch will be gay...also i want too put new tires on the front the ones on there are pretty bald but i have a new set for it on another fourhweeler of mine...and yaa anything for more power i can do befor i get the jet kit and new exaust?

You can use terpentine on a rag and keep wiping the tacky stuff from the stickers to take all that stuff off. **NOTE** Try it on a small out of the way area of your plastics to see if it affects them at all. We use terpentine at the surf shop I work at to get the tacky stuff off of the surf, skin, and wake boards..
~Bill

don't quote me on this, like imtarnished said try it on a small area, but i believe i used acetone (very powerful stuff) on a set of plastics and it did not harm them.

kk
ill try this tuff tomarow..
i got my clutch lever....FINALY
lol
and rode today..
ran great...everyonce inawhile it like backfired..
im going to go into the carb and also maybe take the stickers off
i put the air box back on tonight..
and yaa
i want to do alot of stuff too it..
but i need a jobb
but i can only work at publix..how gay!

Back