hi my first warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boondock

Reaction score
I am trading my 1996 yamaha fzr 600 sportbike for this quad 95' Warrior 350 with a K&N air filter, K&N stage 2 jet kit, White Brothers exhaust, DG front bumper, DG rear grab bar, DG full chassis skid plate, DG swing arm skid plate and Renthal handle bars

so ill be on this site more often I am sure the quad is coming dform ohio so it will be next week before I have it.

Any opinions are appreciated

welcome to the site. post some pics as soon as you get it.

Nice man, I'm sure you'll love the quad. There's still quite a few things you can do to it both performance, and preventative maintenance wise. Where do you live? And are you thinking of what you may buy for it already, or just want to get the feel for it, and then base it off of what you feel it needs?
Get some pics up when it's finally in your possession.
~Bill

I live in the very center of North Carolina we have lots of places to ride around here .Any lins on the warriors places to buy tires nerf bars any other good mods let me know.

What would you say i should do to begin with as far as mods ?
also what size and kinda of tires I will not be drag racing or anything I want some that will hook up well in the red clay and mud around this area.

Any problems i need to lok out for at first on the quad etc and info you guys can give me is much appreciated..Thanks in advance .also what kinda shocks etc im 200lbs and 29 yrs old so Im not a kid on a new toy or anything although next weekend I may act liek it lol Thanks in advance

Ok, well some of the first mods you can make since it already has the intake/exhaust/jetting covered are simple things like flipping the wheels (new valve stems needed, check the tutorials, or use the search function for specifics), making sure your CDI casing isn't wearing through (under the bottom of the quad, seat area, common problem area w/ warriors), Tires if needed, with your riding conditions, I would look towards, Holeshot HD's (which most on here swear by), or the newer Holeshot GNCC**, or maybe the iRazr** rears, or the Razr2's.
**No one, as far as I know, has tested them on here yet. Since they haven't, we don't have a good review of them. But a Lot of people outside our site like them.
As far as shocks go, recently a lot of us have been pushing towards the banshee shocks. Concerning the fronts some say they are an inch longer, some say they aren't... But they offer a slightly stiffer, though most say better, ride. The rear is a direct swap (heat gun needed, just to heat up a section in the air box, and compress the rear to push a minor dent into the air box for the ressie). Everyone that has done the conversion says they are completely happy, and wish they had done it earlier.

Those mods, other than an oil cooler (we'll get to that later), should last you quite a bit of time.
Right now I'm inbetween 215-220, and though I push the stock shocks hard, I haven't bottomed them out that many times (2-3 times, but I'm not Trying to do so). I have hit table tops, and doubles that have been 20-25+ft. as long as you clear it, and land where your supposed to, your fine.
~Bill

ding ding ding ding ding. we have a winner. everything that he just said is spot on. you might want to look into the noss case saver too.

Thanx for the back up bud, and Homeresque "Doh!" about the case saver, it completely slipped my mind :p.
~Bill

It's a common thing for the chain to jump off the front sprocket, and often the chain will wrap itself around the sprocket, wedge itself against the engine case, and bust a hole in the case. Case savers are designed to prevent the chain from coiling around the front sprocket, and also to absorb the stress if the chain would happen to still wrap around. Noss Machine is the only company that makes a decent case saver for the warrior. It's installed in place of the stock black plastic chain guard.

Thanks very much to each of you. All your help is greatly appreciated. ::) ::) ::) ::)
Im really anxious to learn everything I can about the warrior. And I dont even have mine yet lol but it will be here sat aug 12 .
Does anyone have a link to buy the noss case saver at?

Back