New From WI (updated pic)

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chad021

Reaction score
In January I purchased my 2000 warrior for $1850. Not too bad, came with a dg bumper, grab bar, and dg nerfs. I love riding this machine and have no major problems with it. When I bought it from the guy I found a cracked fender, which I ended zip tying it shut, and a broken thumb throttle. Recently I found the upper engine mounts broke (lower mounts were loose and vibration and heat caused them to snap) and I am hoping to have them fixed so I can ride Memorial weekend. (hopefully my new tires and boots will be in also) for new tire I'm going with a full set of Razrs.

DSCN0885.jpg

DSCN0883.jpg

And here it sits waiting for the brackets, and new tires.
DSCN0945.jpg

Tell me what you think. Do you think I got a deal on it?

I really want to throw a pipe on it. I'm thinkin a HMF or a Whitebros, but I'm a little short on cash right now, still working $1000 of debt off. I'm excited for my new tires, which are now getting delayed for some bs reason, but I'm sure everyone knows how that goes. One day theres 10+ in the warehouse the next day you can't find them unless there somewhere far away.

Lol. Yeah I hat when that happens. Go hmf. If you get a White Bros. then after a couple months you'll kick yourself in the ass for not getting the hmf.

Alrite, thats what I was kind of leaning towards. Is there any way I can shed a few extra pounds on this beast or am I pretty much stuck with the weight?

No matter what it's going to be heavy, the motors are almost 150 lbs alone, most sport quad engines are half that. Other than a pound here and there, the biggest way to shed weight is an aftermarket swingarm, but the prices are outrageous.

Yea forget the swingarm, I had a buddy rebuild the engine (taking it out in pieces from the quad) and carryin it piece by piece down to his basement. He was surprised how heavy it was to lug that motor up a fleight of stairs.

I wouldn't get a pipe if you plan on doing any trail riding in Wisconsin. The state just passed a law that you have to be under 96 dBa or you get a $200 fine. Apparently wardens are going to start carrying handheld sound meters. I had to go back to stock b/c of the new law.

are they really that bad? I heard that their being strict on the 96 dba but I was hopin to find a pipe under the limit so they can't touch me. I know alot of people who havn't had much trouble on the trails with the new law yet, but I've heard of a few warnings, is there any pipe that has significant gains while being under the limit?

welcome i like the quad!
hey thanks alot its good to hear that you like it. Alot has happened since I took the pictures 20 inch rear razrs and 21 inch front razrs, I also put in a new motion pro clutch lever, shortened the brake lever and polished it, polished the oil filter cover, and today I finished up fixing the clutch, ended up being that Yamaha or the last guy who owned it messed up and loctited the bolts on the clutch springs really loose causing the clutch to grab at the end of the pull.

Hopefully I can get some new pics up but the digital camera took a ****.

I ride up near Tomahawk and they have wardens out often. I have a buddy that rides in prarie du chene and he's actually seen wardens out with radar guns to enforce speed limits. I think the speed limits are stupid, especially since I don't have a speedometer! But anyways, they are out and usually the wardens are not too easy going.

Don't burn em up, There's snow up there, he should put some studs in the stock tires, and get them mounted on some cheesy rims, have a set of ice tires for when the roads are all icy. I know by me, the cops wouldn't prefer us riding on the roads, but when there's like 2+ inches of solid ice, people have to still get to the store to buy their milk, and bread...
~Bill

I absoulutely hate my stock tires compared to my new ones. Heres a pic of the new tires and I'm planing on studding the old ones for riding on a lake if I get new rims.

DSCN0951.jpg

Latest posts

Back