Warrior Engine in need of rebuild!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcally

Reaction score
Hello I am new here and I bought a 1990 Yamaha Warrior at the end of last summer rode it for a while but it smoked like crazy and the crank had a knocking. the bike was really cheep! anywas I pulled it all apart and took it to a shop. The guy told me I needed new valves basically a whole value job, new piston and bore out the cylinder. he wants $600 Canadian to do all the work and the piston. I am going ot have to get the crank rebuilt also. My question is this a good idea? should I really sink like $1000 into this bike? or should I look around for a new motor? are these prices out of line? I don't want to be taken for a ride!

Any help would be greatly aprciated! thanks!

Matt

The prices aren't bad, but before you sink that much money into a 16 year old quad you should make sure you're going to keep it long enough to get your money's worth, and that there aren't other major problems with it that you're going to have to spend more money on.

Prices sound about right..I'm spending $500 just for my top end rebuild...but that includes everything on top!

If your gonna keep it for a few years it sounds worth it!!

Good luck and Enjoy the site!

The prices aren't bad, but before you sink that much money into a 16 year old quad you should make sure you're going to keep it long enough to get your money's worth, and that there aren't other major problems with it that you're going to have to spend more money on.

exactly right, and welcome to the boards matt

Back