Back in the saddle again

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gawarrior

Reaction score
Hello all. I used to race dirt bikes in high school (amateur motocross and enduros). Then I joined the Navy, got married and had kids, so I didn't have much time for riding. I sold all my bikes. Recently I came across a 89 Warrior with a blown clutch, which I gave the guy $500 for. He was asking $1000, but it's in rough shape...Fenders broken and cracked, ball joints about gone, rear axle bent, almost bald tires, the list goes on... But I threw a clutch and basket in it, ,and have bee riding it around for about a year and a half. Not bad for a $500 quad and $300 clutch. :)
Anyways, I plan on restoring it moneys just tight right now, as usual...lol. Oh, yeah, it's been modded a bit: According to him, it's got a stage 2 cam and the compression's been bumped up to 13:1. It has a Cobra exhaust, and is almost too loud to ride! My friends go a lot of places that I can't b/c the cops will hear me. At my work, we have two stock 01 Warriors that we use, and it's definitely faster than them. Pulls like a raped ape, actually.
This is my first quad, and the kids and I are enjoying it.

Edited to add: In order to post pics, do the files need to be hosted on another site?

Let's see if it works...

joshy4-wheeler.jpg

Your not kidding those Cobra pipes are loud.

My old 200X has an aluminum Cobra Megaphone on it and I swear it will wake the dead.

I used to live in this really small town and the two police in town were unusually cool. My roomate and I would go out on winter nights when it snowed and go riding through town. Of course the cop would hear us with that damn Cobra pipe and chase us all over town. He knew it was us but never did anything to us. Think he enjoyed it as much as we did. One morning though when I went out to my truck I had literally hundreds of Jr. Deputy stickers stuck on all my windows. Inside and out. Took 4ever to get all those damn stickers off.

Back