Now that I made up my mind...

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imtarnished

Reaction score
I'm going to join the ranks and buy a Warrior, I have around 3-3,500 to spend. So I was thinking of going with one that is around a 2000/2001 or so, and grab an exhaust, and tires/rims for it right off the bat (if needed, and prob just rear tire/rim combo). The way I figure it the exhaust, tires/rims should run me anywhere from inbetween 600-750. With the money I should have left over, if I have any at all, What do you think my next item should be, shocks, rear axle, a-arms. (all of those items considering the warrior i buy is in good running order)
If anyone can see anything other way's to get the best return on my money, I'd really appreciate the input.
Thanx
~Bill

Tires and exhaust are a good investment, also get a clamp on filter kit and toss the airbox lid. After that i'm not sure. I'd probably get the axle next, but it's best to save up your money and do the entire suspension at once, since your front shocks have to be set up for the a-arms you choose, and with the front wider than the back, or back wider than the front it won't handle as predictably as it normally would.

Going with the rear axle sounds good .I road last year with extened 4in and nothing done to the front....I think you can learn a little more on controling when you kick the ass end out !! but this year for now i will be using CRJ extenders for the front until i get A-arms on her!!

Good luck !!

Thanx for the quick replies. I'm going to see what i get get on a Warrior used that has some stuff on it. for 2500 or so it should atleast have a slip on, and some decet tires on it. So we'll see what I end up with... There seems to be some decent Warriors in my area (08753 area code, 100 mile limited search) and like i said there are few, but they have some work done ot them. Well I'll be keeping an eye out for one.

And I like hanging the back end out on turns so I figured the rear axle would help with that, without it being as tippy. thanx again.

~Bill

P.S. just saw this on Ebay, posted today, in my own town, lol... (sorry but you have to copy the link and paste it into the browser since the "spagenameZWDVW" isn't adding in the link, atleast on my machine it isn't)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-Warrior-Quad-ATV-2001_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6725QQitemZ4620197774QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Doesn't look too bad, but first i'd find out if he's including the original cam with it, and if those fenders are painted or not. It says custom paint, so they might have painted the fenders too, which turns out shitty looking in a few months. I've heard the megacycle cams really kill the low end, and you have to have it revved out like a 2 stroke to keep it in the power.

My buddy just bought a KFX400, and he might be selling his 2001 Warrior. The bike is in great shape, although he rode the **** out of it. I'd say there's over 300 hours on the bike, and their hard erned Hrs. I think he wants between $1500 and $2500. I'll get back to ya.

Ok thanx to both of ya. I sent him an email asking some questions like if it was just the frame that was powder coated and if he had the original cam still, and some other questions. I'm also interested in what your friend has to say about his warrior Dave. get in touch when you know a little bit more about it. Ohh btw if there is any place i could see some pics, or get some info as to the work he has done to it (not a complete list, just a few items would be fine), I'd greatly appreciate it. thanx again guys.
~Bill

Thanx, I like it quite a bit. Just have to get my skid plates, and a bumper, also have some parts comming from a guy on here for it. wicked a-arms (+2), works shocks, braided brake lines, durablue 2+2 some nice stuff.
~Bill

Back