Hello From Taylor Michigan

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adam4by4

Reaction score
Hello guys I just recently picked up a mint 1987 warrior that I traded even up for a Srx 700 yamaha snowmobile. Due to the fact that I have already ridden the quad more in the last 2 days than the snowmobile in the last 3 years! My sled was worth 1900 trade in and 2600 blue book but it was far from mint. The warrior on the other hand is beautiful and the guy picked it up from a dealer that said some guys widow came in and said it had been in their garage for 5 yrs but was well taken care of i.e. battery charged, put on jackstands tires removed and started once a month. Although I doubt this was all true It sure looks like a jewel! My sled had 159 hp after the add ons Im looking to get the warrior up to about 60 horse is this possible
??

hey, welcome to the site. get some pics up of that warrior. i dont think that you can get a warrior up to 60 hp with the stock motor, you would need to put like a cbr engine in it to get that haha, well, a little more then 60hp i guess, lol.

hey, welcome to the site. get some pics up of that warrior. i dont think that you can get a warrior up to 60 hp with the stock motor, you would need to put like a cbr engine in it to get that haha, well, a little more then 60hp i guess, lol.

yup yup yup and yup

Even if you could mod a warrior to the point that it's making 60 hp, that would be triple the stock power, and reliability would become a very big problem.

For the $$$ it would take to mod a warrior to even 40 hp you could sell it and get something faster to begin with, like a banshee or quadzilla, and not have such a big reliability issue.

Whats up, and good to have you. Post pics of the warrior when you get a chance..

Sorry for the mis post I was told that some of the race quads are running 50-60 hp and a buddy of mine told me they have a 230 kit for a blaster that takes it up to 60 hp??? Im sure this is bullshit! Hell Ill be happy with 40 horse! What kinda hose are warriors pushing modded with one of those 400+ big bore kits? Im no newbie to the sport I actually traded a suzuki lt 250 in for $2500 that I put down onto my snowmobile back in 1998! I also had a 1990 Honda trx 300 4x4 as a bogger! Sledding was a rush but waiting for snow to ride almost killed me so IM BACK. Thanks for all the welcomes and I hope I end up liking my warrior because i finaled the trade today hes dropping it off to me on Sunday! Pics will be coming soon my pit puppy ate my usb connect for my digi cam.

I don't think a blaster is capable of 60 hp, if it was it would definitely take more than a 230.

I'm not sure about the power output of the strokers/big bores, but if you contact four stroke tech, powroll performance, alba, etc they would tell you what their kits put out, and what you would have to do to make 40 hp.

Mickey Dunlap from FST told me the big bore kit which I have, will make about 28 HP at the rear wheel. So I'll assume the 400 stroker will put you in the low 30s and the FST 446 kit wiil be around 35 to 38 HP. Correct me if I'm wrong. You have to remember this is only a two valve motor. NOS will get you to 60 HP.

60 horse isnt that important I guess im just hp crazy coming off a triple cylinder triple piped 700 sled that makes about 90 horse at the track and about 159 hp at the flywheel. Aint no accel quite like that of a snowmobile! Im a big guy so I want the most go/reliability I can afford. Im probly gonna need better or revalved shocks too . Im about 250lbs 6'2''

get a banshee if u want more horses.. then put the 730 cheetah stroker in it, you will have atleast 100 hp at the back wheels with a few other mods.

60 horse isnt that important I guess im just hp crazy coming off a triple cylinder triple piped 700 sled that makes about 90 horse at the track and about 159 hp at the flywheel. Aint no accel quite like that of a snowmobile! Im a big guy so I want the most go/reliability I can afford. Im probly gonna need better or revalved shocks too . Im about 250lbs 6'2''
Yeah I'll your a little big for a Warrior, a Raptor 660 would have been a better fit, you'd defintly get the HP out of that.

Im actually gonna ride and save this year and buy some new Iron next year! I have a video somewhere of a guy shooting a dune on his quad with the same motor that was in my sled It was sick! Not trailable but a rocket. I wanna say his was modded a little more like 188 hp at the primary clutch! Any way iM SURE ILL SINK A GRAND OR SO INTO THE WARRIOR oops and see what she has . Im sure ill have a blast with it!

The way to go if you want 60 hp is to let it breathe liquid NOS and fuel, take a look at nitrousexpress.com. I'm almost done installing the kit, but if you want to use the 20 hp shot you better plan on moding the stock connecting rod and clutch. You'll also need to oring the cylinder and use solid copper gaskets to hold the pressure. A race style cam is also recommended. Wait a couple months and I'll have some vids of a damn near 50hp warrior running!!! ;D ;D ;D

Back