New from Ft. Smith, AR

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msufan

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm new here and I'm looking for some advice on my '05 Raptor 350 SE. I had the local Yamaha shop install my GYT-R kit and I think something might not be setup right. I've got the slip on exhaust, jet kit, air filter and I'm running without the lid on the air box (recommended by the dealership). I tried running with the lid once and it would idle fine but would bog down when I hit the gas. I also dropped a tooth on the front sprocket.

So here's the deal. With the mods I'm running, should I be able to pull wheelies? It's definitely faster than it was stock, but I still can't get the front end skyward. I can sit back, pull as hard as I can and the wheels don't budge. I can do it if I have something to pop off of or if I pop the clutch. Not even paddle tires in the sand will do the trick. A friend of mine thinks that maybe the jetting is not right. All I remember the guy saying is, "I put the biggest jets in the pack on there". Any suggestions? I'm also looking for some advice on suspension upgrades. I've been checking out the Elka suspension.

Thanks.

Yeah that thing should wheelie easily. My buddy owns an '05 raptor with a slip on exhaust and when you just barely give it gas the front end comes up very easily. Since they done the mods I would just take it back and tell them basically what you wrote here. Someone else may be able to give you some more insight and what the problem could be.

Hey msufan, where do you ride around Ft. Smith? I am traveling up that way this weekend and was thinking about bringing my Warrior with me.

The two closest places are an off road park near the Arkansas river in Van Buren (about 10 minutes away), and over at the Lock and Dam in Muldrow, OK (about 30 minutes away). The off road park area is $10 per person. It's been shut down for awhile because someone decided to go off the property and tear up a golf course. Before that incident it was only $5 to ride there. They had to raise the price for the insurance. I rode out there yesterday with some friends. Here's the website for that off road park, http://www.riveroffroadpark.com/

naw not really... the raptors are a hard bike to wheelie i have to really get my weight up in second gear and punch it to get mine to stand skyward. I usually clutch it in 2nd and ride em out, try not to pop the clutch much just kinnda use it easily to get the front end up

I'm wondering if most of my problem is lack of traction. I can get the front end up in 1st, but when I try in 2nd the wheels just spin. It doesn't help that my friend rides a 660 and can ride wheelies in 3rd gear with no effort. ::)

**** wheelies, but yes due to the motor position on the frame it is harder to get the front end up on Warriors. This is NOT a bad thing for racing and hill climbs, quite the opposite... A pop of the clutch should always do it and if your jetting is right you should be able to give her a little tug and slam the gas.

One of my friends I ride with all the time came over and we took a look at the jets they put in at the dealership. They used a 170 main jet when they installed the upgrade kit. Anybody have any thoughts on this?

Back