ATV virgin

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlie31603

Reaction score
Well this is going to be my first time owning a ATV. I am getting a 2000 Warrior 350 in trade for a hood off of my old car($350 value). It has a new motor with a high compression piston and p&p head. Plus it has a lot of other go fast stuff. But. The motor has no spark. He went trough everything he can think of and just gave up and stuck it in the corner of his garage. And now he wants to just get rid of it. But I have plenty of time and I hope with your guys help I will get it back on the trails again. Also. I asked him about a title. He said you didn't need one and never got one. When he got it form the owner he ran the Vin through the sheriff's office and it came back clean. I trust him because he is a friend. But my neighbor said you need a title to ride some trails. So how do I get one. Or is there one for this model/year. Like I said. This is all new to me. All I ever done is ride my neighbor's Arctic cat around his yard a few times. Other then that. I no nothing. Anyways. just wanted to say hi! Adam :)

I'll post pictures when I get it Sunday.

Welcome. As far as getting a title for it I have no clue. That sounds like something you'd have to check at a government office of some sort. Since you have plenty of time on your hands it sounds like a good trade to me since it is a 2000 warrior and you traded a 350 dollar hood for it, I'd make that trade any day. Good luck with the quad and you have come to the right place for help.

Well here in NY (dont know about other states) ATVs DO NOT HAVE titles. Go and call your local DMV and ask about ATVs and proof of ownership (if you have titles for them or not). You have a bill of sale here and that's about it... As far as no spark id look into the stator, pick-up coil, CDI, etc... The best thing to do would be to take it to a shop if you dont know how to test these things. They will tell you right away what electric component is bad. Most of these things are easy as hell to replace and can be found pretty cheap on ebay or through myself (I "work" in a shop).

Thanks for the kind welcome guys. I looked into the title thing. Before July 1, 2002 you did not need one. But after that date you are suppose to get one. All I really got to do is just take the bill of sale to the dmv and pay like a $40 fee. Then I will have a title in my name. Now whether it goes that smooth or not, I don't know. And Deathshadow. I guess I can get parts trough you if you have good prices. I don't do ebay since I got scammed to many times. But I want to make sure It's the part that's bad before I go replacing parts all willie nellie. I really would like to fix it myself before I send it to a shop. The only thing that I am worried about it is my buddy I am getting it from is a mechanic at Cadillac and fixes jet skies and what not on the side. And if he could not get it running. I don't know if I can. Since I have know clue about ATVs. I wrench on my cars allot. But never looked at a ATV. I'm just going to sit down with the manual and go over every single thing that has to do with spark. And will ask you guys questions when I need them. Anyways. Thanks again for the welcome! Adam :)

good luck post pics up soon check and clean all connections i once had dirt in 1 of the ones under the back fender so now i have all them covered with plastic wire loom u use for cars hasnt let me down once
steve

Back