Hi from NJ

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

satrnfreak

Reaction score
New around here also. Had my Warrior for about 2yrs now. Been thru alot of shiat with her. Went to W. Virginia to Hat/Mc trails and that was AWESOME(you should all get there some time). Got pics of that too i can post at a later date...

Here's on of my baby......be kind

FREAKStoy.JPG

PhREAq

Ok for the lowdown on her...

Wiesco 10.25 piston
White Bros pipe
Edelbrock carb
PRM rear skid
Banshee front shocks
21x12x8 Mudsharks rear
22x7x10 Titans front
KN air filter(sux arse, gotta get UNI)
EHS airbox lid
Garmin GPS mounted to handle bar
Pro-Taper CR-hi bars with uni adapter kit

Thats about it. Im going to get Hotcam, and maybe some head work, and i gotta build oil cooler setup SOON....

Freak

Hey Thanks fir the welcome. I will be doing the CLUTCH cover oil cooler mod that is listed on BlueTraxx. Cheaper, and i can see its benefits. Also, got the Edelbrock becasue the stock carb was a heap. Could never just plug the throttle open, and i tused to irratate the crud out of me. The Edelbrock is soooo close now that all you have to do is hammer it open and she stands right up..... NICE!!!!

Freak

The clutch cover design has its flaws and actually doesnt deliver oil to the most vulnerable points of the warrior motor.

Could you expand on this, and what would you suggest?

Tha only fault i could come up with in the cover, was the increase in time it would take for the initial pressure to build.... but if there is more, please clue me in...

PhREAq

The clutch cover design does not provide any type of "check" valve; when the motor turns off this allows the oil to drain back down into the case. When the motor is then turned on their is a dry period to the top end and over time can cause excessive wear involving the rockers, cam, etc...

The second reason is the lack of oil pressure regulation. The bigbear style setup has a spring loaded valve that constantly keeps the oil pressure where it should be in the cooler lines.

If you were to take a closer look at the big bear plate that extracts the oil from the case you would see actually how advanced the part is. The bigbear adapter separates the cooled oil from the hot oil when entering the case. The cooled oil is then delivered to the crank (the most vulnerable part of the warrior motor seems to be crank bearings) and the tranny.

The bigbear setup also ONLY removes EXTRA OIL from the case. This means that no matter what you are always going to get oil to all the parts in the motor even if the cooler gets clogged or if the filter were to clog with crap.

We must remember that Yamaha designed this cooler for the big bear but the oil pump and case are IDENTICAL on a warrior as well. There is a reason Yamaha went through the very costly process of designing these parts and producing them over just tapping the clutch cover. The Bigbear method has proven to be a reliable, reversible, and beneficial mod that cools the priority parts of the motor efficiently.

Back