old warrior new to site

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrior91

Reaction score
Hey,
I've been surfing for a site dealing with my favorite toy.
I checked out bluetraxx and found a link to here. ;D
Anyhoo, I have a 91 blue/flat black warrior. I traded my '86 trx 200 sx and $2500 Canadian for it in 1991. It got raced (3 years)in stock form in Pro/Am hare scrambles, motocross, C.C.. I crashed due to the damn e-brake electrical connection (bike died launching off the first double face) and parked the bike for 5 years. I rode sled and worked in the real world.Last year I got the bug and dropped in new tapered swing arm bearings ,bushings,x-ring chain, new stock size sprockets,Durablue axle,front end bushings & got rid of park brake conn. I was a welder :cool:in my past life and have a small business in Iron art so I built a muffler,quick attach grab bar and rear rack. I also built an aluminium skid plate and steel rear skid. The thing looked ok but old so I got the stock plastic looking new( no lie my buddys 04 Gr. DVX400 looks dull) I used xxx steel wool and amonia followed by good plastic wax.I painted the frame stock blue and the tank and front shroud chameleon purple. Everything was disasembled and cleaned. I rode her hard and this year I jetted her, Uni filter in custom airbox, redid the exhaust (more top + mid), and fixed my front end. Last Oct. a tie rod end sheared off at full throtle and I did a real abrupt left turn. The bike was more or less unhurt because it rode me upside down in the ditch for 30 feet. :p I still got a mark on my chest from the clutch perch, and my helmet got blew right off my head by the light guard.
:eek: Wow thats a lot of typing. I am glad to be here - WARRIORS RULE

awsome bro....nice to have you here.....id love to see some pics of that thing ...... you sound like a pretty hands on type of guy making your skid plate and everything eles....awsome! honored to have you as a new member.... and hope you can share your knoledge and we shale do our best to help you in any way we can!

RIght on guys . Yes I'm kinda handy. Just a hillbilly farm boy ;) The boys I ride with are all 30 something and include - 87 red warrior, 96 blue/ grey warrior, 04 Green dvx 400, 86 r/w/b/atc 350 & 05 rincon (got rid of pol 700 crap). The dvx and atc are speed demons but the warriors always pass in the tight woods and bush riding. We have great riding here from dune riding at 300 ft at the lake to 1500ft above sea levelin the bush. Lots of logging roads and snowmobile trails, perfect for cruising. Most of us came frome dirt bikes and ride purty hard. Generally on a ride 2 of 5 bikes get thrashed somewhat, I guess we all have a deathwish. :-X
Well theres a little more history.
QUADINGCANADASCOOL

Back