Hi Guys

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wes3337684

Reaction score
Well I finally after years of seaching I found a warrior site thank god. ;D Keep up the good work.

One ? though I was going to put an oil cooler on my 2000 Warrior but I am concerned about getting the right amout of oil in the quad with the added lines and cooler it will hold more right. So how would I check my oil while its running, and what about changing the oil how will I get all the oil out of the cooler. :-/

Welcome to the site bro, they way to check the oil is to add 3 quarts, run the bike for like 30 seconds, then check the level again, mine took 3.2 quarts now with the cooler installed. Do get the oil out of the cooler, just un hook the lines and dump it out, but i don't think that the .2 quarts of oil will make much of a difference when changing it, as long as you get the majority out you'll be fine. I suggest swithcing to a synthetic oil so you have better protection anyways, and the oil dosn't break down as like convential oil.

I use amsoil designed for motercycles with a wet clutch, it dosn't have any friction modifiers in it that will cause the plates to slip. In reality your only allowed to use motorcycle oil, even convential, because of the friction modifiers used in automotive oils, as long as its free of those modifiers, you'll be fine. I have found over the years that amsoil is the best, its a bit expensive but not as expensive as a costly rebuild, they use the highest quality synthetic base stocks when making their oil.

welcome to the site man hope you like it

~65 member w00t

Back