Rant #8

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kreed5821

Reaction score
Why is it that the gov't wants to control everything!? It is in GA legislation now to require registration on atvs. They claim it is safety oriented but we all know that it is just for taxes!! They also claim that it will deter theft. HOW? Even with a tag on it, cops will not check to see if the tag matches the number on the frame...lol. And it's not like most of them will even check the tag to begin with!

The whole deal is because GA residents go to Alabama or Tennessee to buy atvs and not pay sales tax. Personally, I went to SC to buy mine (still had to pay sales tax) because the local dealers would not come down from "suggested retail" price; even though we went to buy two of em! We (my bro and me) went 45 minutes away and saved around $1200 all together. I'll drive for an hour and a half all together to save that much...lol.

Well, where i live you have to have them insured, registered, and tagged.. i dont see why we can't drive them on the road now!!

NY claims part of registration $ goes to ATV access creation/maintenance....pfft! ::)

I'm sure death and Evilhaze know more about the details of this.

it is lining someones pockets ....lottery $ is supposed to go to schools , yet there are friggin school levies and school taxes every year ... its all about the BENJAMINS..... this is america quit whining and pay it or go illegal and get caught ;) all a registration does is point blame at the owner of the equipment in case of an accident or law suit (that is why they are required they have someone to point at) i know a guy whose drunk mom took his car without asking got into a wreck , and he got sued by person she hit beacause it was his car ) hence they checked registration

Back