New Tater' Cannon! *UPDATE* FUEL INJECTION!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeathShadow

Reaction score
Well friends and I every year make a new increasingly better/improved combustion cannon made out of PVC and various other items.

So far this year this is what we have:

*Dual chamber igniters w/pulse ignition (shown below)

*Metered Propane Fuel Injection - "MPFI"

*4" combustion chamber to 1.5" barrel

Fuel: Propane/Ether

Range: 500 - 600 Yards (a quarter mile)

Muzzle Velocity: 400 MPH

Weight: 16 Lbs (full)

SPS (sparks per second): About 244

Ammo: Golf balls, Taters, Ice Slugs, various fruits & vegetables, Misc. Items

Dual Ignition Short Clip: http://media.putfile.com/dualignition

tatercannon.jpg

dualignition.jpg

Now:
MPFITATER.jpg

We got a little crazy with the primer this year as well...

looks good...i have a potato cannon myself but my igniters all messed up. shoots far as hell though...nice work

Well I bought all the stuff I think I will need to equip her with "MPFI" - Metered Propane Fuel Injection; I will update on it when I have it installed and working.

Hey while your at it shoot one of them damn taters over this way to Kentucky!

Hey while your at it shoot one of them damn taters over this way to Kentucky!

Haha we finally got a chrono reading - Muzzle Velocity is in the 400 MPH range (WAY over what I thought it was); I will send one on its way.

Well guys I am hours away from this project being finished, here is the beast now...

MPFITATER.jpg

MUAH HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Pulse Ignition, Dual Igniter, Propane Regulated Fuel Injection PVC Cannons kick ass...

The propane is kept in the line at 100 PSI, dumped into the "fuel rail" at a metered PSI, and then delivered into the chamber. The ignition systems sparks two sets of electrodes wired in series 244 times a minute located in the fore and aft of the chamber. The placement of the igniters and rapid arch created by the pulse ignition box creates a consistent even fuel burn and quick ignition in the chamber.

Once further testing has been concluded, I will then add a PC fan to the rear of the chamber to aid in ventilation after combustion and fuel ionization in the chamber during injection.

You have WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much timne on your hands, Boy.

*shrugs* You are missing out if you don’t have any PVC weaponry in your home; then again you will probably live considerably longer then I ;D!

We have a new toy to use in the shop parking lot now...

That would be fun as hell pestering Honda riders on the trails, ya need to mount it to the Warrior, anyone beating you in a drag....take em out:)

You need to feed oxygen in there as well as fuel. Perhaps a rig with acetylene and oygen could be set up, that would rock. If you can't get an oxygen tank just use peroxide and bleach in the combustion chamber to make pure oxygen. My best project was a cannon that used black powder made by attaching a hex shaped coupler (steel pipe, 2 1/2" to 3/4") to a section of pipe. There would be a 2 1/2" dia. chamber filled with powder and I would unscrew the 3/4" pipe and seal it by melting tea light candle with a blue flame to a clear wax and filling it with lead and copper bb's. The wax will harden like ******* cement in the end of the pipe, housing the projectiles within. Overall the plug should be less than 2" long and at the end next to the powder. I would tripod it against a tree and leave a cigarette to light the fuse. When that fucker went off it would do many more times the damage as a shotgun!!! The recoil is so strong it can't be held, it would bend high carbon steel backings even!!!

I also made a mortar that shot coupler bombs verrrry far with a 3" steel pipe. The cloud from the initial blast was ******* enormous!!! It's amazing how steel wire sparklers can make a good mortar primer... ;D

I've disassembled the above devices just for legal issues however, that could get you into serious **** having those around.

You need to feed oxygen in there as well as fuel. Perhaps a rig with acetylene and oygen could be set up, that would rock. If you can't get an oxygen tank just use peroxide and bleach in the combustion chamber to make pure oxygen. My best project was a cannon that used black powder made by attaching a hex shaped coupler (steel pipe, 2 1/2" to 3/4") to a section of pipe. There would be a 2 1/2" dia. chamber filled with powder and I would unscrew the 3/4" pipe and seal it by melting tea light candle with a blue flame to a clear wax and filling it with lead and copper bb's. The wax will harden like ******* cement in the end of the pipe, housing the projectiles within. Overall the plug should be less than 2" long and at the end next to the powder. I would tripod it against a tree and leave a cigarette to light the fuse. When that fucker went off it would do many more times the damage as a shotgun!!! The recoil is so strong it can't be held, it would bend high carbon steel backings even!!!

I also made a mortar that shot coupler bombs verrrry far with a 3" steel pipe. The cloud from the initial blast was ******* enormous!!! It's amazing how steel wire sparklers can make a good mortar primer... ;D

I've disassembled the above devices just for legal issues however, that could get you into serious **** having those around.

The pipe would not be able to handle the accelerated explosion pressure (even though it's all pressure rated) with Oxygen added :(; I already looked into it/tested it. I don't know how it is around you, but around here Oxygen cylinders can be purchased in any local hardware store. If I used steel pipe the cannon would be incredibly heavy (It is already pretty heavy now).

Haha... Man we have to chill one day; I have a feeling it would be a great weekend.

I don't know, we might end up getting arrested. To use pvc with oxygen you place one tube in another and cement the gap between with a glue or quickrete. It would be heavy, but that is a good thing, less velocity in the recoil and more accurate. Just tripod that bitch!!!

I don't know, we might end up getting arrested. To use pvc with oxygen you place one tube in another and cement the gap between with a glue or quickrete. It would be heavy, but that is a good thing, less velocity in the recoil and more accurate. Just tripod that bitch!!!

Put it on wheels like an old time cannon!

mount it on ur tuck 4 when those pesky drivers come along shoot a pineapple at their rear window

Latest posts

Back