DSL

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pelphrey

Reaction score
Nothing big, just wanted to get it out of my system. No more dial up for me. I have been surfing 56k for way to many years, and finally my small town in Kentucky has gotten with the times. I can finally view pages with 1 or more pictures and not have to wait 5 minutes. The funny thing is I can remember my first internet connection. I'd be lucky to get 22k and it was first come first serve. I'd have to set windows to dial out 99 times and I'd be lucky to hit it within that frame. Not to mention I had 250 minutes of net use a month. Oh well thats long over with. I can download up to 1.3 mbps now....I know this is pretty much a worthless post, but some of you don't understand. The sad thing is, I could not wait for them to install it, I done it all myself :)......Anyway I am done venting now....

Hey I remember those days man I started with a 14K Modem, then 28K, then 56K, then 128K, then cable, then business class cable at 4Mb/s w00t!

I wish I couldn't remember these lousy speeds either. But it is too hard not to, since every site I want to I was cursing the developer for putting so many pictures on it....

My first was a 9600 baud modem. When you would load a site, espacially with pictures, you would get up and come back later. It took it awhile to even load up text.

hahaha-I dug out my old IBM thinkpad 340 and surfed the web at 56k....hahaha I got up and took a dump came back and my homepage was finally up...I can't call it surfing , its more like crawling...

hahaha-I dug out my old IBM thinkpad 340 and surfed the web at 56k....hahaha I got up and took a dump came back and my homepage was finally up...I can't call it surfing , its more like crawling...

hahahaha

Latest posts

Back