raptor 350 vs. 400 ex drag

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the raptor driver is a decent driver but the dude on the 400EX has absolutely no clue what hes doing...put that guy on a CBR 900 and not only would he lose, hed probablly crash and get severly injured

the raptor driver is a decent driver but the dude on the 400EX has absolutely no clue what hes doing...put that guy on a CBR 900 and not only would he lose, hed probablly crash and get severly injured

95% of the people on this site would crash and get hurt if they jumped on a 900 and tried to actually give it some gas.

I rode sportbikes for years and I still crashed a lot ::) Never did learn my lesson either.....

ill ride my buddys ninja 250 but i aint gettin on no 900

either that raptor must have some mods on it or the ex driver sucks cause wouldn't the ex beat the yfm?

you cant tell my watching it that the ex driver sucks? they both suck

Lets be honest here, everybody who sees a video online like that says that the riders suck. I'm not saying they're great, but until I hit the trail with them I'm not gonna pass judgement either. But still all the "suck" comments always make me laugh.

And 02yfm350 a 400ex is not a rocket ship. I beat my buddies 05 four out of five times on a 300ft drag. Yeah I have a pipe, jet, and filter but big deal, he has his baffle removed and 50 extra cc. It all comes down to rider and the guy on the 350 was obviously the better rider. Plus the guy on the 400 can't keep his front end down off the line, so he keeps backing off to get the wheels on the ground again. It's easy to win when the other guy is letting off the throttle for whatever reason.

no ****, I know a 400ex isn't a rocket ship but it's a bit faster than the yfm. If you take your baffle out, does it give you much power?

Maybe a little bit. He said he could tell a difference on top end. And if you don't jet, it's not exactly a good idea anyways. Besides, they (in my opinion) sound kinda crappy without the baffle.

i think warriors sound pretty good without the baffle but i have a buddy with a 400ex without the baffle and it sounds like a guy blowing into a tin can while a retard makes motor noises

Thats the one advantage a Warrior has over the 400EX, the motor placement, most Warrior people hate it, but it's easier to launch and it's easier to keep the front end down on a steep hill climb.

I like the placement of the warrior engine, my neighbor with his 400ex always complains when i spank him by 3-4 bike lengths in 300ft drags. His excuse is "i cant keep the front end down or i could beat you" and i tell him maybe but you cant keep it down...

I like the placement of the warrior engine, my neighbor with his 400ex always complains when i spank him by 3-4 bike lengths in 300ft drags. His excuse is "i cant keep the front end down or i could beat you" and i tell him maybe but you cant keep it down...

300 foot drags are so short.. i would never race anyone that short of a distance... at that point im usually just starting to get full traction. 500foot is legal dirt drag racing distance.... thats what i always shoot for.

But anyway... both riders kind of did suck haha. But its not that hard to beat a few stock 400's if you can ride good... most of its over confidence... they think they will walk all over you but dont.

Latest posts

Back