If I hit the throttle fast it wants to stall..Help

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

remainincognito

Reaction score
On a 1999 Warrior If I hit the throttle fast it wants to stall but if I give it a little it's ok. I remember seeing a thread (which I can't find) about an accelerator pump. I pulled the carb and checked the spring which seemed fine but the alum slide it was on fit tight in the cover casing. Any ideas.

I also just put a k&n filter in the warrior (the above problem was there before I installed the K&N) What jet size should I go to? All stock but the filter.

i noticed mine sticks sometimes after sitting... if you JUST have a filter... you won't need to rejet.. unless it is an open elemnt or the lid was cut

take the carb off, or remove the airbox and tube so that you can see into the intake side of the carb. Pump the throttle, and watch for gas to squirt out of the brass needle sticking up towards the center of the carb. If it doesn't squirt out you have an accelerator pump problem.

If you don't get gas squirting out the next step would be to take the plastic cover off the side of the carb, and look to see if the plastic arm is pushing the pump down when you open the throttle, and that the pump is springing back when you release the throttle.

is your quad warm before you hit the throttle..i mean not to be a smart ass but mine will do that too unless its warmed up before i ride....

Back