almost exactly what happened to me

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
atleast the pain is almost gone. it's kinda nice that i'm not able to ride. i'm doing a lot to my warrior and when i am totally healed, it will seem like a totally different quad.

when i was coming back down, my front end did the same thing. i'm pretty sure that my front end was just sliding because i have no tread on my fronts. i dont think that i would have cut my wheel that direction, but everything happened so fast, who knows. i do have a question about that though. out at turkey bay there are some pretty freaking big hills. if that happened on one of those, there is no way that i could ride it out backwards down the whole thing. when i killed it at the top, it immediately started back down the hill. other than bail, what should have been done? i would say that the hills at turkey bay are anywhere from 5-10 times taller than that hill in the video. should i just aim for a tree on my way back down?!?!?!?

i've backed down some pretty long hills.. but those weren't very steep.. either back it down... or if it gets out of control aim for a tree to pin it against. also.. i think that was a tecate 4 in that video.. it was NOT running right... and the driver is a pussy...

Wow, if he can't make it up that hill he must be pretty damn bad at riding.

Honestly, I couldn't think of anything other then to bail. Save yourself, your quad can be rebuilt for Much less than you can be rebuilt for, trust me. I have 13 pins and 2 plates in my forearm as proof.
If your going to dive off your quad, try to get Way off to the side, or up hill as much as possible, and when you dive, see if there's anything to stop You from rolling down the hill also. Dive into bushes, out infront of a tree (as long as you have Near NO speed moving towards the tree other than the dive itself), Anything to keep you from getting back tangled up w/ the quad.
~Bill

i probably would have been alright if the hill that i was on wasnt so steep. if i would have put on the back brakes, i'm almost positive it would have flipped over backwards. i appreciate all the tips. i never had any problems in the past so i never read any of the "how-to's" on hillclimbing. i guess it wouldnt hurt to break out the old issues and check 'em out.

That vid was kinnda funny the dude like cut his wheel he was almost all the way down. Sorry to hear about ure arm sux man get well soon

if you can not make it to the top of the hiil if possible grab your FRONT brake and back down slowly by letting off the brake and grabing back on......... other then that you better make sure you get ur ass up them da'r hills lol

that sux and why wouldnt he have just straightened out the front wheels??

after looking at the video a little more closely, i think he was trying to turn the wheels in the right direction. it looks like they turned in the middle of his fall. kinda hard to tell for sure though.

upon furthur analysis... he was climbing that.. and saw another path... couldn't make it.. the SECOND his tires came off of that... he paniced and hit the back break... with go traction he sldie sidways and his wheels turned... flipping him..

upon even further analysis...he got to the top....thought he could make it...spun the tires...lost traction..slid back a tit bit....shat his pants... cut the handlebars..lost all control and traction..then went tumbling down the hill with quad landing on top of him

Back