dyno run after motor rebuild

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

usdsk8er540

Reaction score
hey yall. just thought i would post a video clip of the warrior on the dyno. http://media.putfile.com/Warrior-Dyno-Run this was just after the motor rebuild was done. the motor still isnt broken in though. the guy on the quad is the mechanic at my local shop. during the video you can hear him say that "she's still thirsty" because i was still running lean! we got the air/fuel going right though. just needs to be broken in and she will be golden! ill get some more clips when i get my tab paid off at the shop and get her home. until then, later.

sounds sick man... looks like she pulls hard cause the shocks are liftin up pretty hard when he punches it

oh man, you have no idea! ive got the motor pretty much broken in and i havent even taken the thing past 4th gear! (out of 6!) im going to wash it up tomorrow and get some more pictures and videos. as soon as i get my trailtech computer ill see what it will do in the department of top speed. gotta trim the front fenders too. later

i didnt even see u touch the clutch...were u power shifting or not shifting?

That man is wearing overalls.......i dont think i could let a man in overalls work on my bike. hahahahahaha

Don't come down here...lol

If someone without overalls works on it, you're paying for those fancy store-bought breeches! lol

i didnt even see u touch the clutch...were u power shifting or not shifting?
no shifting. just running it on the dyno to get some numbers out of it.

WHat kind of horsepower number did it put out?
well, keep in mind, this was before the piston and cam were fully broken in, but it put out about 25hp (up from about 17hp b/c it was hurting) on a regular run, and about 38hp on an all-gear run (actually only up to 5th, but you get the idea).

That man is wearing overalls.......i dont think i could let a man in overalls work on my bike. hahahahahaha
ha ha ha. yeah but that guy in the overalls knows his ****. i must agree with kreed. you can go to fancy shops where they charge you out the ass to have work done (if you dont know how or cant do it yourself, like this motor rebuild for me) or you can stick with a good local shop where you actually know the guy working on your quad, can go look at it during the work, and save a good amount of money. also, only shop i know of in my area with a dyno. cant beat a dyno for checking air/fuel and getting jetting almost perfect. rather be safe than lean out and kill the motor. ill try to get some more vids up soon after my girlfriend and i get back from our spring vacation. going to st. joe state park, just south of st. louis,mo. anyone been, and if so how was it? later

um, i highly doubt that you are making 38hp. Maybe you mean 28hp. Cuz the mods you have arent capable of giving 21hp, LOL.

umm, hat to break it to you, but i did mean 38hp. thats on an all gear run (actually 1st-5th). thats not the constant hp that it makes. the regular run put out about 25hp. here's the dyno sheets. first one is the regular run, putting out 24.29hp.
f06b48ba.jpg

and here is the "all gear" run, putting out 37.92hp
f06b47f4.jpg

like i said, the ~38hp is the maximum it will put out. go put yours on a dyno and have them do the same thing. i think you will be surprised.

the dyno is not off. like i said, it is peak hp, running up through the gears. the dyno was set up by the guy from Dynojet, so it shouldnt be off. the all-gear run was done right after the normal run, so it wasnt changed or anything. all-gear runs will show more power. go have your quad put on a dyno and see. either way, i have the dyno sheets to prove it. by the way quadracer, what mods do you have? just curious.

yah same with a sport bike when u run threw th gears u get more power than just like 1st gear only the same with cars too

exactly! its not really usable power, just peak power. glad someone else understands.

usable or peek...either way.. hes got a dyno that showes a warrior pushin 38hp..that pretty damn good.
Nice quad.

thanks wal2lior. its not a racing beast or raptor 660 or 700R (drool!) but it can hang with pretty much anything on the trail now. top end isnt really usable in the woods, but will help getting up hills with the low end and torque. might look into a flat slide carb eventually. anyone had experiences with this? does it suck a lot more gas? i know im sucking down pretty quick now, but is the hp gain worth it and how much do you really gain (at the rear wheels)?

what exactly did you have all done ? and what did it cost.

i had a full set of X Driv 6-ply tires put on, FMF Powercore 4 slip-on, Hotcams stage 1 cam, Wiseco high compression piston, and a few odds and ends like: new airbox lid to hold down my existing K&N, new twist throttle (old one was tearing up), new Renthal grips, and a Trailtech computer (which i put on myself of course). all together i paid about $1700 to have it all done, minus the cost of the trailtech (a little less than $100). that included parts, labor, machine work, new oil, jetting and dyno tuning. through some unfortunate events, i had quite a bit of my financial aid money left over from this semester (only got 2 of the classes i needed) so i was able to do it. oh, i also had the one way clutch replaced because it was going out and new gaskets and stuff like that on the top end. not a bad deal in my opinion and i got to monitor the progress of it. we thought it was going to take 2 weeks, but it only took about 1 week. i havent got it up to top speed yet, but ill have to see if i can over spring break. leaving for st. joe state park on saturday morning after i get off work. if anyone is in the area, come by and ride with us (my girlfriend and i). well i gotta go to psychology class. later yall.

right on. what kind of pipe? also, warrior or rappy? well, ill talk to you guys in about a week. leaving for st. joe state park tomorrow morning. later masturbators!

Back