• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to YFM350 and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

wtb Warrior parts

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK if i find a good bare frame, how much for the best swing arm, rear brake setup and the front a arms complete? Do you have the front brake calipers?

OK if i find a good bare frame, how much for the best swing arm, rear brake setup and the front a arms complete? Do you have the front brake calipers?

Just a quick point we learned through experience-

When retrofitting swingarm components a 'new style' (in our case 2002) brake rotor will not work on the 'old style' (in our case and 89) axle carrier.

Basically, the 'ears' that the caliper mounts to are shorter on the older carrier, requiring use of a smaller diameter rotor- which is the older style.

Your not the person doing this just to fit a dyna cdi are you?

If so dont do it haha, convert the electricle system over and sip tie the cdi to the frame if you cant weld the brackets.

Yeah its me. What all brackets have to be welded to run a 1997 up electrical system, Was told to many to fool with.

Im not sure what ya would have to make changes to. but I cant see it being too much.
The newer cdi mounts in the rear I know that. The rectifier is alread there.......but I dont know if it would bolt up.

Even if ya didnt wanna zip tie them. You could probabbly rivet a couple peices of flat aluminium across the rear part of the frame where they mount the cdi on the new ones.....Like 2 pieces 1/8 by a inch...........drill the hole and nut n boltem to that. I didnt run out and look back of quad but it sounds doable........

Why ya want the newer Cdi so bad for? From what I read there isnt much if any power to be had unless your totally worked on your motor?

I'm not knocken ya dude..........Just wonderen

Oh........and if the swinger is complete on your warrior now, It will bolt right into a newer frame as a package...........

The swingarms are only differant as they use a differant carrier. Which in turn ya need the newer style rotor (unless its a 89 and maybe a couple otheer early years) and if ya wanted the newer style sprocket...........ya would have to change that setup to.

I plan on getting a 446 or 460cc kit the track here is really fast, so i need all the top end i can get. And the Dyna is supposed to really help out.

Instead of riveting a piece of metal in. Couldn't i get a screwed up frame, and grind the welds off the brackets i need and weld them on the other frame so it will look factory.

That would be is good as ya can get!
I didnt think ya would have access to a welder n all.......

Electrical swap wouldnt be all that bad. You can get harnesses an extras on ebay all day long. Does it really matter if the CDI mount looks factory! Pardon me, but I would just nigga rig it on there:p

i have a 95 frame, straight and no cracks, front headlight bracket has been ground off halfway up, im looking for 100 + shipping, can have a bill of sale no title sorry

Back