• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to YFM350 and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Motor Wanted

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol well I'm not 100% positive but I think it has cylinder damage and or the tranny is fucked. I have been trying to find out whats wrong without taking the motor apart. I just took the clutch side off and stator side and alls I found is that there is a whole whack of looks like case shavings sitting on the bottom. When it actually ran before it fucked up it would make a loud ticking/banging noise that was louder than my ******* cobra pipe! Then i was just going down a road and it just started loosing all its power slowly and then it just coasted to stop and wouldn't start again not even make a noise. I tried bypassing the starter to see if was electrical but did nothing. I tried to push it in gear(6) but the back tires just locked up. The only success I had was when i jacked up the rear axle so the tires were off the ground and put her in 2nd and tried to spin the tires but it was so ******* hard(may be a partial seize, i dunno).
My dad and I don't really wanna take the motor all apart again and fix all the ****.Plus our mechanic friend is on vacation. So we just wanna buy a new motor.

i have a partially polished bottom end that i would consider selling you. you can pick up the jug and head on ebay for next to nothing or you might be able to use yours on it. needs a piston though

id take the top-end apart first bc its easy and sounds like the piston seized and could be from excess tolerances on your piston to cylinder wall clearance. if thats the case id pick up a jug some where and just do the top end for cheap. just my .02

giving up on polishing it?

i've just been considering selling the bottom end and using that money to buy the parts for the head and machining. i would then put the rebuilt head on and ride it. then this winter, pull my existing motor and then put in the stroker crank and piston. not sure exactly what i'm gonna do. just thought i would let him know that i would get rid of it.

i agree with xj4me. no reason to buy an entire motor if what you have just needs some work. i'm sure you know that there isnt much to tearing apart the top end.

i have a partially polished bottom end that i would consider selling you. you can pick up the jug and head on ebay for next to nothing or you might be able to use yours on it. needs a piston though

But if it was seized wouldnt I need to hone the cylinder also?
Or do you mean you have a top it just needs a piston?

Back