• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to YFM350 and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

W/T/B JE 11:1 piston

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what piston are you running? And what compression is your piston. Right now I have a wiseco 10.25:1 But my rings went bad in the matter of a few hours after a rebuild. Don't know what happen. Had the cylinder honed, and cleaned, follow the brake in as the book told me to. Didn't have this issue last time I rebuilt it.

I know a little more about cars than bikes. I know ya really shouldnt go over 11:1 on a car if ya wanna run pump gas............. Detonation bewcome a risk.....

Can ya get 12:1? Maybe , if it detonates you'll have to pull alot of timeong out to fix it.
Usually at the cost of more power than ya added.

For how hot the quad can get.............the fact that its air cooled......I would be afraid to go that high on compression.

I know a little more about cars than bikes. I know ya really shouldnt go over 11:1 on a car if ya wanna run pump gas............. Detonation bewcome a risk.....

Can ya get 12:1? Maybe , if it detonates you'll have to pull alot of timeong out to fix it.
Usually at the cost of more power than ya added.

For how hot the quad can get.............the fact that its air cooled......I would be afraid to go that high on compression.

Well I have a over sized oil cooler on it now. I don't think heat will be a issue. How if I went with the JE 12:1 piston and run 93 octane and then put octane booster in it? you think the will work. I know the engine will run with the 12:1 on 93 but I don't know how bad it would knock and ping?

I personally never had luck with octane booster. Its been a while maybe there better now.
Hopefuly ya get lucky and somone pops in here thats doing it now. To put your mind at ease...........:)

octane booster doesn't work as well as you may think. If it advertises an 8 point boost, it's means .8, so if you add it to 93 octane, it'll make it 93.8. Not exactly an increase that will make a safe mixture. Turbo Blue is about $2 more a gallon than 93 octane which i think is worth not having to worry about detonation. I get a sweet discount on VP fuels so i run their 110 ****.

VP Racing Fuels. I work at a Motorsports Company (i play with race cars all day). I find 110 Turbo Blue at a couple gas stations around here. Look around at gas stations by you. Someone might have it.

Some of the smaller airports will sell you high octane fuel .
Also if you have a local dragstip ,they should definatly have what ya need.

Latest posts

Back