• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to YFM350 and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

polished clutch cover

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bickel76

Reaction score
is there anyone interested in polished clutch covers? if so, pm me.

since it looks like a few of you might be interested, here is what i can do. i have seen polished clutch covers on ebay for $60 but as most of you know, people will set a low buy it now price but jack up the shipping to make their money back. i wont do that. whatever shipping is to get it to you is all i will charge. so, $60 bucks plus shipping or once you get your clutch cover, you can send me yours and i will send you a check for $15. i'm not trying to make a lot of money doing this. there is a lot of work involved, stripping the cover, removing the gasket, and polishing it takes a lot of time. i'm still working on mine, but it is 4:30 in the morning and as soon as the sun comes up, i will post a picture of it. i can also do the same type of deal with any other aluminum parts. throttle cover, master cylinder cover, oil filter cover, cam cover, valve covers etc.

MotorBefore3.jpg

ClutchCover1.jpg

ClutchCover3.jpg

ClutchCover2.jpg

keep in mind that i'm not finished with the cover yet, but this gives you an idea of what they look like polished. ignore the motor too. it is far from being finished.

Ill tell ya what...Fckn-A !! that whole thing looks so Damn good...

A+++++

Sorry bout the language, but its well deserved...lmao

thanks rfmracing. i've spent a lot of time on it and i'm probably only about halfway done with the outside. then it's time to tackle everything inside.

soo, if we want to send you the cover, you will send us 15 dollars to sip it and then pay you 60 dollars along with sending the cover to you

if you send me a cover right off the bat, it will only be 45. it would be 60 if you keep your cover and i send you one that is polished. the extra 15 is because i would have to buy a cover to polish.

the whole reason for charging 60 and someone sending me one back and me sending 15 to you is so that you dont have to take yours off and send it to me and be without a quad. this way, you can still ride while i'm polishing one. then just swap 'em out. just think of it as a 15 dollar core charge. i was just trying to think of a way to make it convenient for you.

how the hell did u clean the motor soo good and get the black off th head... it looks amazing

i am very interested but i wont be able to do it for about another month or so, will you still be doing this then?

01warriorkid,
i spent a few days straight using paint stripper and sos pads. i got about 75% of it that way and i started getting frustrated so we gave the sandblaster a try. it worked great. i wouldnt recommend doing that unless you are gonna totally rebuild your motor. the head still has some paint inside the heatsinks but i'm gonna finish that up when i pull the head off.

yammy350rider,
not a problem at all. i can polish one up whenever. just let me know when.

wow, if you dont mind me asking, what kinda polish did you use and what pad or polisher thing did you use, i wont be selling anything, i just was the polish alot of stuff on my quad. if you dont mind, PM it to me.

it's really easy to polish, but it is time consuming and hard on your neck. i went to an automotive paint supplier but i think harbor freight has these also. for about $12 you get two buffing wheels that fit on your drill and two different rubbing compound bricks. basically, you just put the wheel in your drill, turn it on at a fairly low speed and place it up to the compound to load it up. then buff away. the polishing kit that i bought wasnt as good as this one, but this gives you an idea........

http://www.caswellplating.com/buffs/alpolkit.htm

thanks alot 20 warrior, im not going to sell polished stuff or anything and i doubt mine will looks as good as yours, yours looks like you had it chromed lol.

all it takes is a lot of patience. the good thing about doing it is that you constantly see progress and that helps to keep you motivated. i dont know if any of you have seen it or not, but there is a tutorial in the tutorial section on how someone else did it.

Back