• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to YFM350 and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Pistons

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yammy350rider

Reaction score
I am checking interest in a couple of pistons I have.
I have a .20 Wiseco 10.25:1 and pin for $50+shipping
I have stock piston and pin for $25+ shipping

Anyone interested in either one lemme know, Thanks.

will this be worth the 50$for the power

and what will a hot cams do for me im thinkin of gettin 1

Hotcams are ******* garbage do not waste your money on one; however a piston should be coupled with a cam to help return some bottom end power.

the Hotcam will be great if you buy new heavy duty springs with it, all cams are ground the same way and to the same specs,

No... I have seen many abortions and HUGE mistakes come from hotcams in our shop that they will not stand behind. Then furthermore the duration/lift on a hotcam is not as good as other companies; if your going to invest money into springs why the **** would you want to buy a hotcam when you can get a better lift/duration combo?

Hotcams must do like NO R&D because when they figure out from shops and customers that their cams are grenading inside cylinder heads that model just magically disappear from the market with out a peep... We have had Wiseco R1 bore kits do the SAME ******* thing; except they admitted it was their fault and took full responsibility/liability.

Hotcams must do like NO R&D because when they figure out from shops and customers that their cams are grenading inside cylinder heads that model just magically disappear from the market with out a peep... .

That is their R&D program. :mad:

.. all cams are ground the same way and to the same specs,

This is not entirely true. If that were the case, all that would be available is stock replacements.

If you get a bigger piston and bore do you need to do anything else? Surely rejet.
Thanks

If you get a bigger piston and bore do you need to do anything else? Surely rejet.
Thanks

If you go with a large bore you may want to consider an oil cooler for hard summer riding; other then that just a re-jet. I personally dont see the point of going up a bore size just for the minimal HP gain - do it when you need a rebuild, if your installing a cam, or if your going to re-sleeve and jump more then 30ccs (like from 348cc (stock) to 385cc or 400).

If there are scratches on your cylinder wall you should bore it out to clean it up(i dont know if thats what you consider a rebuild) but i know a guy that will just run it till it died and then replace a cylinder when he could have just bored it out and saved a bunch of money.

If there are scratches on your cylinder wall you should bore it out to clean it up(i dont know if thats what you consider a rebuild) but i know a guy that will just run it till it died and then replace a cylinder when he could have just bored it out and saved a bunch of money.

The question was regarding an overbore... thus the only scratches would be from the conditioned sleeve/hone.

Back