Maier Plastics?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jester2899

Reaction score
Are they any good? Which colors scratch easily? Break easily? How is the fit? Thanks for the help.

From what i've seen (and other people may have different opinions and experiences) Maier's quality isn't that impressive. I've noticed that their plastics, particularly the rear fenders, usually seem saggy and floppy compared to stock plastics, and yet they still seem more hard and brittle. The darker colors especially seem to show stress marks pretty bad, even compared to stock ones. It also seems like it's common to have to make slight modifications to get them to fit right, redrilling holes and such. I've even seen some brand new maier fenders up close that looked orangepeeled, not smooth like they should be. In my opinion, stock plastics are far better quality, and if you look around for the best prices, stock ones can actually be cheaper.

What do you mean "look around" ? So far I have looked at my only yamaha dealer, and I think the price was pushing 575$ for all of them, any sites with cheaper prices?

Wow 575! You can get brand new one's on this ebay seller for 280 (White and red fenders) or 300 for blue fenders.

yeah, ebay usually has good deals. Also check the online parts dealers like ronnies.com and highlandsyamaha.com, different dealers have different prices, but most of the online ones are cheaper than going to a local place.

Wow 575! You can get brand new one's on this ebay seller for 280 (White and red fenders) or 300 for blue fenders.

Please link me to the red and white. I have been searching for days, and only found the 300$ blue ones.

Alright I will try those sites, and I will keep looking on ebay.

Also keep in mine I have a raptor 350, not a warrior

See thats what I want white plastics, front and rear, but sorry to say, I have a raptor 350, and prefer the look of it, I wish I could snag a set for that cheap. All i need is the front,sides,and rear,[no hood] and I am good. Thanks anyway =/

I am going to give another local Yamaha dealer a call, tomorrow and see if I can get a set of SE grey plastics to go with a nice set of black rims? =] or maybe just white plastics.

WOW, just called another dealer, 505$ + tax for front plastics,rear plastic , the grill, and the sides.

Seems like a lot, does anyone know of some links with OEM replacements for a bit cheaper or used ones?

Man, I think you shold take Warrior fenders and cut them to give them a more sportier and original look. Maybe you can also buy the Yamaha Warrior Maier Hood (The one that looks similar to the stock one but looks a bit different) And then trim down the sdes of the front fenders and you got a really sporty look.

Man, I think you shold take Warrior fenders and cut them to give them a more sportier and original look. Maybe you can also buy the Yamaha Warrior Maier Hood (The one that looks similar to the stock one but looks a bit different) And then trim down the sdes of the front fenders and you got a really sporty look.

No offense to the warrior guys, but to me the hole look of the warrior, is just not good enough for me.

I spent the extra money to get and find, a raptor 350, instead of a warrior.

If anything, I would love to put a set of yfz plastics or something.

Anyone ever put a set of yfz 450,raptor 660 or raptor 700 plastics on a warrior or raptor 350? =]

I have seen raptor 350 fenders on a warrior (Different site). It was customized like mad though.

maier does make yfz looking plastics for the warrior.

HELL THEIR CRAP!!!!!

Do not get them nothing lines up. You can see light through some spots, others are like 1/4" thick. Took me 3 hrs just to put the back, sides on to find out that the hood was a complete POS and wouldn't even come close to mounting.

DO NOT GET MAIER!!!!

Try yamahasportsplaza.com , they have great prices on oem plastics, as well as other oem parts.

Only reason I got them is because of the deal, $200 for all new plastic. Did a lot of cutting, warming the plastic then bending it but in the end i got it to fit and kinda dig the yellow. Their are pics in the general topic thread.

Latest posts

Back