cell phones good bad and ugly

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dons18w

Reaction score
I have owned several cell phones over the years. Almost every brand made i imagine and the best are nextell motorolla, and the new gzone s type by casio sent a text wit that one from under water its bad ass. Wont be scared to take it to the trail i have to say. As long as its tied to me some how...........and the razor3 suck have been thru about 6 of them on 2 years

Best phone I ever had was an old 30 dollar Nokia, it was like the first one they made that had a color screen. It had absolutely no features but it always had strong signal and the battery lasted for over a week on a single charge. I still switch my sim card into that one when I go riding, it's tough as hell. One ride we went on I put it in the box in the back of my buddy's suzuki 4x4, and it bounced around in there all day over rocky trails. I open the box to get my phone at the end of the day and it's sitting in an inch of muddy water. Dried it out and it still works fine to this day. That one also slid across my car's dash, flew out the window, slid across the intersection and slammed into the curb once when I whipped through an intersection at 40 mph and it didn't have any damage except road rash.

My regular phone is a Samsung a707 which has a ton of awesome features, but it has it's shortcomings as well. On the good side it has internet with opera mobile browser, mp3 player, 2 megapixel cam, and a big high res screen. On the downside, the battery barely lasts a full day if I use it a lot, the signal isn't as strong as the ol nokia, and the durability is questionable. My brother completely broke his, and the exterior display on mine is shattered from I don't even know what.

But yeah, cheap nokias ftw

yeah i guess you are with att now with the sims card....verizon here but the gzone is said to be military grade like i said it works underwater with no problem and have thrown it across the room several times just to do it.They sent the wrong one and have another one with the push to talk in the overnight. So i fugured i would put it to the test since im sending it back LOLOL gotta love it

I've got some cheap Verizon phone. It has camra and MP3s. I've went swimming in the ocean for about 5 mins with it once and been out muddin a few times and have had it soaked, still works sometimes.

Thats cool. This new one i hope will withstand more than 5 min in the water. Im gonna test this weekend.in Ill have the new one in the morning but ill be on my way to georiga

I like my RAZR pretty well. It never has problems getting a connection for a call or texts, and has stood up to some decent abuse, I havent gotten it really wet yet that I know of but the moister sticker by the battery has turned colors so I must have gotten it wet at some point and its still going strong. IDK I like it so far.

Only buy Nokia so I dont have to read the owners manual since they (Nokias) all work the same. Simple is good for me.

LOL Simple is good but the rugged one is cool to relearn....at least i havent broke it yet .The last razor lasted 33 days then it was junk.Maybe I demand too much but I live in a active world I guess

I just upgraded to a verizon Samsung SCH-u550, will end up costing $20 after the mail in rebate, so far seems good. Although I'm gonna destroy the outside of this phone, it has a mirror type finish on it, and I bang it into eveything.

Blackberry Peral, best phone I ever had. Is simple to use, which for me is all I look for...lol

RZR = POS

Best phone I had was a cheap base model Samsung. Always got good reception and took all kinds of abuse. Ate **** skateboarding around campus between classes a few times and it always worked, despite its scuffing and dents/dings. Got the RZR to replace it after it fell out of my pocket (of all things) and shattered the face.

the big nokia is what i have and have had it for 6 years, still works great, its huge and heavy but its very durable. I work outside all day so the simplier the better.

Motorola Q... Been theough a few of 'em, but wouldn't put it past taking a good beating! Can't beat it for convienence either, i use mine w/ laptop to tether as a modem so i have internet anywhere i have a cell signal!

I've dropped it from my pocket many times and just gets suffed, no broken lcd or anything. matter o fact, i'm sittin @ work now posting this message on it, lol. The only times i've damaged them is when i forget 2 take it outta my pocket & sleep on it. the plastic covering the LCD is cracked from that, but a new cover's only $10... mine goes with me on very ride in my pocket, & @ only 0.5" thick I don't even notice it's there!

it's gonna be mounted to my handlebars next ride 4 video footage, so i'll see how it holds up to rough/violent shaking & abuse...

best cell i have had is my current one: samsung hue. its been completely soaked twice, dryed it out and it has been working fine. its also been dropped quite a few times.

i use a virgin mobile, the first slider they ever came out with, ive had it for years with no big problems works fine for me, takes good pics,videos, plays music, and can use the web if i want to, i hate phone contracts ill never sign up to sprint, t-mobile,verizon wutever any of them, i could get unlimited texting and call time for less then any1 i know.

best one i have had is a LG Rumor from sprint. I dropped it out of the truck one night going about 45 down the road, dropped in the creek 4 times ran it over with the quad on dirt twice and on asphault once, kicked it threw it, went through the washer, dropped it countless times, and all it has is a few scratches

my iphone pretty much kicks ass... :p i wreck snowmobiles, fourwheelers, and last weekend i rolled a truck with it in my pocket... i find as long as you dont break it or get it wet it works great haha... btw there is a video of my rollover on youtube... just search "ricky rapp"

yeah shitty quality, but it makes me laugh everytime! were you the one offering the 94 cdi to me? if so, im ready to buy hahaha pm me

Back