moose block off

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97warriorrider

Reaction score
Its not what i thought it would be..its not nearly as big as the piece you take off the brake assembly..so it doesnt cover as much..and it doesnt have a sealed o-ring..i thought it would atleast have an o-ring..but we will see how it stays sealed when i can finally ride again.. :(

dang ive been thinkin of gettin one of those too...does anyone know which ones have the o ring?

the moose was like 11 bucks..and i saw a post some where that listed one that had the o-ring but cant remember where ill look tomorrow and get back to ya

Yeah, the moose blockoff isn't the greatest. Not having an o-ring isn't a real big deal because all it takes is a little bit of sealant to keep it water-tight. The part that I didn't like about it, is that they didn't design it deep enough. So when I install new brake pads the peg would hit it before the piston was in all the way, and the pads wouldn't fit over the rotor. So I had to grind about an eigth inch off the peg on my caliper to get it to work right.

The Tusk blockoff plate has an o-ring. I think lonestar also makes one with a ring.

yah i used the gasket that went around the original e brake setup.....i havent had any problems yet i hope.....

Yeah, the moose blockoff isn't the greatest. Not having an o-ring isn't a real big deal because all it takes is a little bit of sealant to keep it water-tight. The part that I didn't like about it, is that they didn't design it deep enough. So when I install new brake pads the peg would hit it before the piston was in all the way, and the pads wouldn't fit over the rotor. So I had to grind about an eigth inch off the peg on my caliper to get it to work right.

The Tusk blockoff plate has an o-ring. I think lonestar also makes one with a ring.

What do you mean they didnt make it deep enough..i havent put my brake assembly back on yet..i better not have to do anything to anything

I normally don't buy china or taiwan made crap but the Tusk block off is very nice, I got one on my Raptor.. My buddy has a Moose on his 660 and with a little sealant it works great but its nice to have an O-ring.

I just installed one 2 days ago. I used the rubber gasket that was there when i pulled the brake off, dosent seem to have an issue. Olny thing I didnt like is it wasnt as large as the Tusk block, but whatever.

The moose block-off works fine but it did not come with an o-ring. Buy a different brand.

or use some black RTV gasket maker.. let it set up in the sun for about 30 min.. then crank her down

Latest posts

Back