Tag rear sprockets?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97warriorrider

Reaction score
Hey has anyone ever used a Tag rear sprocket? It says they are aluminum but the only sprockets i can find are aluminum. I found the primary drive steel sprockets but i would rather go with something that is more popular..what about the renthal aluminum rear sprocket?

Aluminum sprockets wear really fast. IMO steel is the only way to go.

yea go with a steel sprocket unless u have alot of money and ur seriously worried about weight lol. ive never had any experience with primary drive sprockets but i have a chain from them and it seems to be holdin up pretty good so far.

Where are you looking that you can't find a steel rear sprocket? That's what 90% of them are. Sunstar, JT, and primary drive are all cheap ones that work great. Don't worry about the brand name that much. I've used all kinds of them and they're all the same.

I used primary drive on both of my warriors, They had about a year of use on them before I got rid of the quads and they still looked good. My new dune machine came with a steel front sprocket and a aluminum rear sprocket, I dont know how long they have been on but the rear sprocket is fish hooked bad and pretty thin, the front looks barely worn.

Back