Vito's 4 degree advance key.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasonp

Reaction score
It does add a little power.. it is noticable in the mid range. The only thing is my bike has to much advance at idle.. with my mods and I had to take it out as it wouldn't run right. Dynatek would have been the way to go for me.
So it does add a little power, makes the idle not as smooth.. run's rougher at lower RPM's. Also bike ran a little hotter.
Warrior has 10 degrees of advance stock... ramps up to 33 degrees at 5000 rpm. The more advance you have the less peak cylinder pressure your creating and it's showing that your burn rate or flame travel is slow. Alot of it is the fact they run wide deck clearance with a 9:2.1 compression piston. So really when you start uping the compression and running less deck clearance your speeding up your burn and creating a combustion process that needs less spark advance...

It should also be noted that I also had to buy an factory flywheel puller so add that to the cost of your advance key.
Thanks dave.

Latest posts

Back