Duncan Racing lightend flywheel.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasonp

Reaction score
I finally got my bike running and got to take it out. Rev's a lot quicker, feels like I can rev it higher with less vibration. Feels like the power is really smooth. In the woods it's a little harder to drive as it wants to stall quicker or when your letting out the clutch. You just have to learn how to drive it differently. I'm glad I spent the money.

how much was it... like 75 bucks? I think thats going to be my final mod before i part with my quad after the race season.

Yup 75 bucks ds... Honestly it feels like I can rev this thing to the moon and it's still smooth as hell. Before the engine would shake like and vibrate. It's nice because the engine has got more snap when flicking the throttle. I can wheelie in 3 gear with a 15t sprocket in the front just by pulling back on the handle bars. Pretty sweet.
I wouldn't want it any lighter for what I do....
That's awesome ds.. 12.5:1 compresson? What kind of piston?

Also just a note to anybody pulling the flywheel.. put the stock bolt back in the crank before pushing or pulling the crank off. This stops from mushroooming out the end of the crank. I learned the hard way. Luckily the sleave and o-ring still fits over the crank.

No its just 12:1 compression, its an arias piston thats .20 over. Those guys at arias are great to deal with too by the way. This was by far the highest quality piston out of the 2 ive bought so far. (Wiseco, arias and stock) This piston was lighter than my stocker when my wiseco was slightly heavier, although that can be expected since you lose alot of the skirt with the higher compression.

This is acutally quite suprising to me as your also adding weight by the dome though... so pretty neat that it is lighter. I'd love to see a pic of that!

Yeah they use light weight forgings. Ever see the Speed Pro piston set for a small block Chevy, L2256 well they also make the light weight version, L2256LW, they are the same 4 valve relief flat top piston, except the LW uses light weight forging.

Its a much smaller piston, theres alot of material missing... if i ever tear it apart again ill post up some pics for you.

Back