YZ250F shifter

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave76

Reaction score
Just got my 03 to 04 YZ250F shifter today. It fits awsome if you don't have a big bear oil cooler setup, it's about 3/4 of an inch longer, perfect for riding boots and naturally sits higher, another plus, also clears the GYT-R stator cover with ease. I got it off ebay for $9 and $4 shipping. It's a cheapo Emgo made in tiawan but looks good and it's 1/4 inch steel with a nice bend in the middle so I don't expect it to bend outa shape. The part number is 83-88071.

Heres the link, copy the whole thing and past it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-STEEL-SHIFTER-01-06-WR250F-03-06-YZ250F-YAMAHA_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35588QQitemZ180099604547QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Hi bros! Is the 04 YZ250F shifter a good setup for the Raptor 350 too?

yea i have the same thing on my warrior heres a pic of it...

nerfs.jpg

Hi bros! Is the 04 YZ250F shifter a good setup for the Raptor 350 too?
Yup it should work, but won't be longer because the peg is located back a bit further then the Warrior. But it'll probably be the same lenght as your stock one.

yup no prob but it felt kinda weird at first when i did it cz i wasnt used to it being further away from my foot but once i got used to it i never wanna use the pos linkage kind again lol

any pics with oil cooler set up with extended shifter??

I would get one but I'd be afraid that it would break in a roll over and mess up more than just the shifter.

Well yeah but I dont wana get a 9 dollar shifter and have to buy a 100 dollar set of nerfs to protect it. Or dshiznit could make me a set of them for a cheaper price ;D haha. oh well I'll figure everything out about the quad situation in a couple weeks and decide if i wana keep it and put more money in it blah blah blah...

It would never bend anything in the motor before it bent the shifter, especially if you got an aluminum one, but even steel is going to bend, the shifter shaft is a much harder piece.

The chances of bending a direct shifter on a quad got to be slim, I would think you will destroy somthing else before you got to that shifter, and the internal shaft is hardend steel, you bend that and you'll end up breaking the whole case.

Just did this mod as well, used the Tusk 99-04 yz250 shifter from rocky mountain. Easily the best cheap mod i've done. I'm not sure what everyone is talking about saying it sticks out farther, mine was only about a half to an inch difference... maybe I just have big feet. The only thing I had to get used to was not missing gears b/c of that crappy linkage.

When I said cheapo I should really emphized CHEAPO, I ran over an old tree stump, up it went through the nerf bar and bent the **** outta the shifter.

Guess Its back to ebay to look for a new one.....there are few on there, I just looked but ended up buying a newer yfz450 shifter.

Got some questions bout the YFZ450 shifter. I'll post pics and I'm kinda disappointed. to drunk to do it now so I"ll post tomorrow.

I just did this YZ shifter mod and I have to say. I'm very pleased with it. Rode around about 30 min. Can't believe how something so simple made a Huge difference in the ride and performance.

If you have ever missed a gear or gotten so frustrated with that sloppy linkage this is the mod to remedy that.

I got a IMS shifter off e bAY for yz 250 works great... best thing i bought for my quad so far...

I just scored my shifter for the cheap cheap on fleabay ... got an MSR YZ250 shifter brand new in box for 15 shipped!! Woot woot!! :)

Back