Why are Tusk products so much cheaper?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

remainincognito

Reaction score
Why is it that Tusk products are much cheaper than other brands? I can't tell the quality between Tusk and other manufacturers.

MADE IN TAIWAN.

Some of their products are good, i like the nerfs, handlebars, and gas caps. But the clutches suck and i dont really have enough luck to try the other products.

To this point i've had really shitty luck with tusk stuff. Like DSW said, made in taiwan and china. I got their factory replacement tie rod ends that lasted me about 10 hours of riding before they were worn to the point they were ready to pop out of the socket. Then I got a honda-style tie rod and end set, which wasn't even advertised as tusk, but turned out to be when I recieved it. I'm still PISSED about that, all 4 of those tie rod ends are ready to be replaced already, only 3 or 4 good rides on them since they were installed. The brake pads... haha. The set of rear pads lasted me, umm, 2 hours of trail riding. Not even using them hard or anything. The fronts lasted forever just because they had no friction and they wouldn't lock up my wheels no matter what. The "power pull" tether kill switch... that was a chincy little piece too, i'm surprised the mounting clamps didn't break off before the tether cord releases. The hitch - wasn't constructed bad, but the powdercoat or paint, whatever that crap was, didn't last for a month before I needed to pull it off and refinish it. I've even heard stories of their handlebars getting overstressed and breaking without rolling over or anything, just pulling back hard on them and stuff like that. As far as I can remember, the only tusk product I have that hasn't been crap is the red fuel line.

I also discovered that the Alba "Pro-Elite" line of products is built by tusk. So my alba bumper was pretty much a tusk product too. That thing collapsed quicker than a 5 year old chugging a bottle of wild turkey.

I know i'm not buying another tusk product as long as there's still other alternatives out there. I've lost too much money from it.

Thanks for the input. The only tusk I have at the moment are the nerfs which so far seem good and the alba bumper which dented easily with a very soft hit. I guess you get what you pay for.

i would only recommend buying their shifters or gas caps cz if its somethin thats gonna be used and stressed on alot its prbly gonna break. so go withthe good stuff the first time and then ull never have to worry about anything. :)

Their nerfs are good IMO. I also like their handle bars, If I roll my quad I'd rather pay $25 for new bars rather than get a new stem like you would running some expensive bars.

i have bought a clutch kit, teether cable, brake pads, andsome other little things and the clutch went bad well the back to plates burned up but i think that was my fault so i put the back plates off the stock one on it and runs great everything else is still awesome and i ride like normal person balls to the wall lol

If you use your quad hard then you'll be better off getting a brand name product. Most of the more expensive ATV parts are made in America or UK or Japan. When I mean expensive I mean more money then Tusk.

I bought sum renthal bars that broke whille wheeling i pulled and the left side snaped rite at the clamp...soo I figured id try tusk T-10 bars so far so good and if these break im not sure what im going to get..but lets hope they last...

So no go on the clutch kits? Its so tepting, i need a new clutch but the ebc is twice the price of the tusk. Anyone else had problems with it?

It's twice the price because it's twice as good. Actually if my clutch were to go I would go right to the Yamaha dealer and buy an OEM clutch set, even at $200. If Mickey Dunlap recommends them for his Warrior 446s and old 500s then they'll work good for anything, just add the extra steel. But if your on a budget an EBC clutch with heavy duty clutch springs is only $76 on ebay. And EBC is pretty good too. Here ya go $77 copy-past the whole thing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMAHA-350-WARRIOR-EBC-COMPLETE-CLUTCH-KIT-87-04_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43982QQitemZ300092528446QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I bought sum renthal bars that broke whille wheeling i pulled and the left side snaped rite at the clamp...soo I figured id try tusk T-10 bars so far so good and if these break im not sure what im going to get..but lets hope they last...

just get the renthal twin wall bars and ull never have to worry bout them breakin ever again lol

i have the tusk kit and i cant rember how long ive had it but i ride hard almost every day and have had no problems

Latest posts

Back