UM Swingarm skid

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2fast4urass2005

Reaction score
Put on my UM-skid around X-mas time and have beatten the holy crap out of it and not one bend verry STRONG but I do have one dis-like were the stock skid is ressesed in the middle'ya know how it tuck's up like a inch or a lil more this one does'nt and it does hang up a lil more anyone elese with aftermarket skid's have this issue? But as for tuffnes I think the UM skid is as tuff as it come's ;D and it bolted rite up too no need for bending or drilling...

I have the same one. Ground clearance sucks with it. Also it acts like a shovel if you have to back up in the mud. I also cut a notch out of it so I could access the grease fitting on the shock linkage. Kinda crappy design, but its real strong... I'll give it that.

How's it holding up? I've heard mixed reviews on UM products from other riders. Some say its the best, others say it sucks. Usually, I've heard they have poor design and bad fit and finish. But that's just what I have heard. Would you buy them again or recommend them over other brands is what I guess I'm really asking.

My buddy put on one his 400ex and only three of the four holes lined up. No matter what we did, the last one wasn't even close. Seems really strong though.

As everyone is saying bbbthreat it's really strong you can bash it all day with no issues but it take's a lil ground clearance away. But yea I would buy another but it's so strong I think ill never need another as I said I have beatten it hard on rock's log's etc with no bend's or breaks in it good product......

Thanks, that's all I needed to know, in case I ever have to replace my DG Baja skid. Definitely have to agree with the ground clearance issue. I have the same problem.

I have one and when i replace the flimsy one on the z it will not be with a UM. Ground clearance sucks and I have to beat it down away from the rotor after every couple rides.

WOW ive really beat the hell out of mine no issues and as for ground clearance I was looking at it tpday and decided that im going to cut the middle up the side's and bend it upwards so ill have more clearance ill post pic's when i do this..

I have a Armadillo skid. Its very sturdy. I have beat the crap out of it. I ride where its very rocky and have slid it over some nasty rocks. It came on my bike when I bought it but I have taken it off and all the bolt holes line up great. I do have almost no ground clearance though. From what I can tell there is no way around that though. I'm gonna be hating it when I get rid of my 22's and put on 20's The Armadillo is recessed in the middle but it still acts like a shovel when I try to back up.

Back