Tusk clutch kit?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeoldetymewarrior8

Reaction score
anyone have any experiences with this kit? i really need to get my quad going again and im trying to go the cheapest way possible but i dont want a fucked up clutch.

I've heard mixed reviews. But the fact that i've heard complaints of it slipping right out of the box, and another case of it being almost gone after 5 rides, i wouldn't take chances on it when an ebc clutch kit is like 25 or 30 bucks more, and they're a good reliable clutch.

Did you take your plates out yet, how bad of shape are they? My boy just bought a EBC dirt digger w springs for $76 not sure how long it will last, I must say I've killed my stock clutch and it still going strong, all they need is strong springs and they last. Local Yamaha dealer sells the factory plates for $200, a bit high. Death lives by the DP clutch which will run like $165. Check out ebay see what they got.

ive had my tusk in for all of about 2 hours and it is doing fine as of now ill let yall know how it does

I bought the tusk with the hd springs 2 years ago. After about 15 hard rides it was starting to slip... last winter i added a plate and it lasted for a little while longer now its slipping again. however for 36 bucks it was worth it i guess. But the thing that sucks is that if i ride hard and get it hot and use the clutch alot it start fading like crazy and i cant keep my clutch adjusted right. And it starts to slip at that point.

I personally like the factory clutch plates, I've put them through hell, but we'll see how they stand up to the 446.

well mines still doing fine so far semms to be much better then stock

when the clutch slips it sorta acts like your tires are spinning when they're really not. The engine will rev up more than it accelerates. Usually it gets worse as the engine gets hotter, and is more noticable at the top of the gears.

Latest posts

Back