has anyone used a widening kit

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
has anyone seen or used those widening kits for warriors? instead of buying new, wider a-arms, its just a few brackets that go on ur frame. they can make the quad 4.5" or 6" wider. theyre a lot cheaper than buying a-arms but i was wondering if they would be worth it. theyre on ebay under warrior a-arms

No thats the cheap mans way of widning your quad, just save some money and get a set of American Star A arms they are cheap enough.

Cheap mans way, exactly. They break, you fall and get injured very bad. I htink its dumb, who the hell needs +6 anyways, That would look the quad look so ugly, and your brake calipers would get beaten to hell.

i think its like +3 on each side not +6 on each side klutch they look so retarted too lol

Dave, do you have to buy the longer brake lines? I was looking on ebay and they said that you might not have to. Oh ya and for the plus 2 a-arms on ebay for a warrior/rappy they are having a limited sale for 318 dollars shipped but thats without the brake lines.

Check out that again, make sure its the +2 one up meaning they alter the angle a little, I got mine from ebay for $338, oh and def get brake line, asr has them too for $80. Don't forget the clamps too.

Just with the +2's, the stock brake lines will be stretched to their maximum. Anything bigger than +2 per side and they would probably get torn apart. After I installed my arms the front brakes got real soft and spongy because of it. I ended up getting a set of the ASR braided lines and they made the brakes feel so much better.

Just with the +2's, the stock brake lines will be stretched to their maximum. Anything bigger than +2 per side and they would probably get torn apart. After I installed my arms the front brakes got real soft and spongy because of it. I ended up getting a set of the ASR braided lines and they made the brakes feel so much better.
Weird, maybe the stock z400 lines are longer, They work on my +3 lonestars, they arent clamped to anythign though :-/ I would like some steel braided lines bu this sport aint cheap man.

Here is the problem with the kits for the warrior the lower adapter bolts up below the frame on my warrior which it turns get bent all the time because of nothing protecting it. The larger shock towers are great. Would recomend buying them, but pass on widing a-arms.

Not the best performing thing, to me they create more problems than they resolve. The warrior is too nose-heavy stock, nevermind adding another 40 pounds of steel right over the front wheels.

Back